Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Louis Theroux - Scientology

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...The foundations of Scientology/Dianetics is just therapy. Talk it out with a therapist and feel better afterwards...

and while you are at it, provide them with a huge raft of information about everything you feel guilty about, just in case they want to apply any pressure on you at a later date.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Tom Cruise believes in it.

Not sure why he is such a huge/ popular film star though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I believe L. Ron wrote fiction for entertainment and promoted Dianetics for profit. His main focus was about self improvement. I believe in L. Ron's ideas about self improvement and using tools that allow you to ignore the negative and embrace your spiritual being.

ok. fair enough :thumbsup:

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Kept laughing when Louis T started to film on his mobile the guy who continually followed him around filming. Louis kept moving forward in his face, just like the guy was doing to Louis. Louis subtly taking the mick. Always enjoy his documentarys - has quite a unique style.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
100%

My thought as to how and why Cruise and Travolta are still figures.

John Travolta maybe, Tom Cruise probably not.

Miscavige obviously is pulling all the strings, but Cruise genuinely believes he is the third most important man in the entire religion, that he's the St Paul to Miscavige's St Peter and El Ron's Jesus, especially in the sense that he's the religion's most prominent public figure and the biggest advocate for their beliefs.

It'd be interesting to see what exactly would happen if Cruise ever got fed up of Scientology and how the church would react.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Kept laughing when Louis T started to film on his mobile the guy who continually followed him around filming. Louis kept moving forward in his face, just like the guy was doing to Louis. Louis subtly taking the mick. Always enjoy his documentarys - has quite a unique style.

Knowledge is power, and Louis knew exactly what was going on and how to respond. It messed with their programming! But for an ordinary person, they would have been quite intimidating.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

he has a disarming quality, he wrong foots people who use power of presence, strong language but ignoring it. i liked how he went up to one camera man and shook hands, ask how his day was. completely unnerved the other person who had just lost their backup.

also, the guy with the massive camera, what was that all about? like some sort of antique by other standards. presumably a form of presence, look at us filming you.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And that's any less believable than what I've read in the Bible or Quran?

To be fair to the Bible and the Quran, they were written long before science provided the answers for many of the questions people had about life and the things around them. Scientology doesn't have that excuse!

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
What's Interesting is that Scientology is seen as evil and cult like but to same the same about Islam you be labeled a bigot or a fascist.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What's Interesting is that Scientology is seen as evil and cult like but to same the same about Islam you be labeled a bigot or a fascist.

Labelling Scientology as a religion is the problem. It’s actually a brainwashing business.

Most rational folk would describe radical Islam as an evil cult, but they’d also describe some fundamentalist Christian sects as the same. The majority of those practicing Islam are as sane and normal as the rest of us.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Some good bits in it but I was largely disappointed. Was expecting more from LT but thought it was quite dull given the subject matter.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I switched it off as soon as he said he couldn't gain any kind of access :)

Don't blame you. It pretty much ruined the doc. They barely made contact with any Scientologist types except for a woman telling them thet were trespassing over and over it as all very dull.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Some good bits in it but I was largely disappointed. Was expecting more from LT but thought it was quite dull given the subject matter.

Thought it was a bit drawn out, quite funny how is played them at their own game though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here