Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Slaven Bilic sacked by West Ham [Moyes in]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Totally this, if it were us needing a new manager I'd hope he'd be top of our list.
As it's Wet Sham, I'm hoping and praying for Moyes.
2 from 13 massively improves our chances over 3 from 14.

Seriously failing to see how Swansea are going to make any headway either - they looked properly crap and lacking any kind of drive at times on Saturday as well. I'm getting almost scarily optimistic about the chances of our extraordinarily well-run club finishing well above at least 3 other teams.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Jim Gannon was all the rage on here before we ended up with Slade, I remember that very well. At the time, Gannon looked like a brilliant and properly old school MANAGER of the whole club. I'm not sure that would have suited Tony Bloom, and in the end it's all worked out well but I remember wanting us to nab him as much as everyone else did.

That's the fella. He went up to Scotland, and was gone before Christmas, then Peterborough for a few months, and I think he became the shortest tenure in the history of Port Vale managers before ending up back at Stockport, where he still is (although he might have been away and back again in non-league somewhere).

As I say, sometime a manager and a club are a close fit, but elsewhere that manager just doesn't seem to work. I'll give you another. Graham Westley, and Stevenage.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Seriously failing to see how Swansea are going to make any headway either - they looked properly crap and lacking any kind of drive at times on Saturday as well. I'm getting almost scarily optimistic about the chances of our extraordinarily well-run club finishing well above at least 3 other teams.

I know, I can't remember another team looking so poor at home for a while. Thought we looked more like the home side in the first half.
I'm trying not to get too carried away but think we are doing remarkably well and it's somewhat hard to see us finishing bottom 3 now. Especially when you consider we have no need to sell anyone in Jan, and still a little war-kitty for a striker. That said, exactly as it was last season, best we not forget, we haven't actually played anyone good yet!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, if he didn't laugh he would have had to cry. As others have said some of their defending was lamentable. as l think Big Sam said on Match Of the Day, one additional problem every West Ham manager has, is that their fans dont just demand that their team wins, they demand that they win playing free flowing skillfull football. The sort of style that the likes of Brooking, Hurst and Peters used to exhort back in the 1960's and 70's.

Three FA cup wins between 64 and 80 . . . . . otherwise largely free flowing shite. 'The West Ham Way'....relegation crossed with misguided sense of self-importance, 'world up winners', and chavtastic cockney wankers like this specimen.

taylor.jpg

Harsh, I know. But why should I be fair to the irons - especially given that the old man was originally Millwall :lolol:

Down with them, I say!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm surprised that the West Ham board favour Moyes after his piss-poor attempt at trying to keep Sunderland up last season.

They'd have a better chance appointing 'Arry with Di Canio as his No. 2.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Writing any teams off before the January transfer window is rash.

It may be those that look in danger than spend their way out of it, and the ones hovering above who are complacent and get sucked in.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Here's hoping Everton's PASSION and FIGHT yesterday was enough for them to give the job to Unsworth for the rest of the season.

My thoughts exactly..........They only got back into that match because that substitute keeper came on and went ''loopy doo''

As for Bilic - I got the impression he was like a wounded dog and just wanted it to be over and the sack will come as a relief to him. However, if they think David Moyes is the answer then you can tick off Palace, West Ham and one from Swansea/West Brom/Stoke/Everton/Huddersfield and your relegation candidates this season

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's the Cockney wanker who was born in Hinkley?

I'm not one to spoil a good partizan rant with any concern with balance or actual facts. You'll probably notice that I dismissed three FA cup wins as mere trifles too. Down with the Hammers! Down with them! :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My thoughts exactly..........They only got back into that match because that substitute keeper came on and went ''loopy doo''

As for Bilic - I got the impression he was like a wounded dog and just wanted it to be over and the sack will come as a relief to him. However, if they think David Moyes is the answer then you can tick off Palace, West Ham and one from Swansea/West Brom/Stoke/Everton/Huddersfield and your relegation candidates this season

Everton will be OK if BFS gets the job (now 1/2 favourite). Not sure Southampton and Bournemouth won't be dragged into a possible scrap as well though.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I'm not one to spoil a good partizan rant with any concern with balance or actual facts. You'll probably notice that I dismissed three FA cup wins as mere trifles too. Down with the Hammers! Down with them! :lolol:

Hehe....trust me pal, i've never met a fellow WHU fan who aspires to anything above our station. Of course we've won a couple of cups in our time....oh and the world cup of course but West Ham will never be anything except a mid prem to mid championship side and glory hunters we certainly ain't.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Everton will be OK if BFS gets the job (now 1/2 favourite). Not sure Southampton and Bournemouth won't be dragged into a possible scrap as well though.

I think Southampton and Bournemouth have enough to stay up. Who is BFS ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hehe....trust me pal, i've never met a fellow WHU fan who aspires to anything above our station. Of course we've won a couple of cups in our time....oh and the world cup of course but West Ham will never be anything except a mid prem to mid championship side and glory hunters we certainly ain't.

Lol! In truth I have nothing against your lot whatsover, as you doubtless realise. For this season, however, I have my eye on every club that has a realistic chance of finishing below us, and every weakness and failing is celebrated with a vehemence bordering on the insane. Fie upon you! Nothing personal. Hopefully, with our survival, I may become a little less unreasonable next season. :thumbsup:

In the meantime, I found the following quite amusing and, being a sharing sort....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10hvHPUFAH8

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Jim Gannon was all the rage on here before we ended up with Slade, I remember that very well. At the time, Gannon looked like a brilliant and properly old school MANAGER of the whole club. I'm not sure that would have suited Tony Bloom, and in the end it's all worked out well but I remember wanting us to nab him as much as everyone else did.
Yeah, I remember being genuinely gutted when we didn't get Gannon. (Where is he now btw? Anyone know?) Ditto Paul Clement as there was talk of him coming to us and I thought he'd be brilliant. Both bullets dodged as it turned out.

Football's littered with managers who are the footballing equivalent of 'one-hit wonders': people who do a brilliant job at one club at one time, but can never get close to replicating it anywhere else. To keep the Everton connection going do you remember Mike Walker? He was brilliant at Norwich, but sank without trace at Everton (I think he's their worst-performing manager of all time). Our very own Alan Mullery probably comes into this category as well.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yeah, I remember being genuinely gutted when we didn't get Gannon. (Where is he now btw? Anyone know?) Ditto Paul Clement as there was talk of him coming to us and I thought he'd be brilliant. Both bullets dodged as it turned out.

Football's littered with managers who are the footballing equivalent of 'one-hit wonders': people who do a brilliant job at one club at one time, but can never get close to replicating it anywhere else. To keep the Everton connection going do you remember Mike Walker? He was brilliant at Norwich, but sank without trace at Everton (I think he's their worst-performing manager of all time). Our very own Alan Mullery probably comes into this category as well.

Smug Eddie.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If I was a Hammers fan, which I am not, I would be far happier to have Moyes than a lot of managers that are on the look out for a job. I think that he will keep them up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here