Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Slaven Bilic sacked by West Ham [Moyes in]

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Bizarre that, wanting a manager who plays the 'West Ham way', they go for a guy who is not known for attacking, expansive football. He is known for not getting it right at Man U, and taking a Sunderland side even lower than they were when he joined.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A fan base with a sense of entitlement in the mould of Spurs/Arsenal fans, but with much less to back it up. A few seasons in the second tier would be just the tonic.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bilic has the best points per game ratio of any West Ham manager in the Premier League, yet he was virtually pleading with the board to sack him
It was weird wasn't it, like he just wanted to be paid off. I exuded more confidence when I stood in the corner of the school disco.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Bilic has the best points per game ratio of any West Ham manager in the Premier League, yet he was virtually pleading with the board to sack him because he has no answer for the malaise that has set in.
Watching his interview after the Liverpool match, he just looked like he just didn't want to spout any more excuses and would rather just get his things and go imo.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Moyes might have talked himself out of the West Ham job after his parting shot to Karren Brady as he was leaving the job interview:

"It was getting a wee bit naughty at the end there so just watch yourself. You still might get a slap even though you’re a woman. Careful the next time you come in".

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Keep your hands off our HOUGHTON.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
For them the right appointment is absolutely vital as relegation could be the start of a slippery slope, is it right they don't own the stadium?
From our POV, put Moyes in

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm just hoping that the 3 crisis clubs - West Ham, Swansea and Palace - lurch from defeat to defeat all season.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
From BBC:

West Ham say Bilic's coaching assistants Nikola Jurcevic, Edin Terzic, Julian Dicks and Miljenko Rak have also left the club with immediate effect.

Chris Woods, who was goalkeeping coach under Moyes at Everton and United, is the only member of the coaching staff to remain.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm looking forward to seeing a YouTube clip from the Apprentice featuring two of the absolute biggest nobs on the bloke's side in discussion, with the voices dubbed with how they're going to improve West Ham United by sacking Bilic and appointing DAVID MOYES - and then the camera panning to Karen Brady giving her best "you really are fcking cluess" look.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here