Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Play a full strength team but any slight knocks that players are carrying, leave them at home and they should be ready for the Tuesday. Losing 1-0 or 2-0 would be respectable.

I'm looking ahead more to the Stoke match and the tactics Mark Hughes will employ. Being a physical side we must not get bullied like we were in the FA Cup in 2011. We owe them a beating and they're struggling a bit at the moment.
    "Nothing personal but I don't trust you." Layer Cake 2004.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GreersElbow View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      To add, City only scored 1 goal - if we omit Dunk's own goal. I really think this is a game we could get a result. I'd take a draw, but I reckon winning isn't impossible.
      If only one of these had gone in , i remember the look on Otamendi's face when Duffy's shot just went wide , he knew they had gotten away with one there , we are doing ok and should not be afraid of anyone home or away .

58: Close! Brighton are inches from opening the scoring. Suttner bends the ball in from the left flank, and only a late interception from Danilo prevents Propper from scoring.

Seconds later, Duffy is quick to pounce on a loose half-volley, twists and shoots narrowly wide.
      "SOLLY MARCH IS GIVING JOHNATHAN GROUNDS A ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE "

1 Not allowed!
      We should definitely carry on resting Skalak.
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GloryDays View Post
      We should definitely carry on resting Skalak.
      Where is Skalak?
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by *Gullsworth* View Post
      Where is Skalak?
      Standing on a chair in his garden, holding a bottle of lager and wearing an Albion flag as a sarong.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Taybha View Post
      If only one of these had gone in , i remember the look on Otamendi's face when Duffy's shot just went wide , he knew they had gotten away with one there , we are doing ok and should not be afraid of anyone home or away .

58: Close! Brighton are inches from opening the scoring. Suttner bends the ball in from the left flank, and only a late interception from Danilo prevents Propper from scoring.

Seconds later, Duffy is quick to pounce on a loose half-volley, twists and shoots narrowly wide.
      I think we're doing more than okay, I think we're doing brilliantly and this is based on the recruitment issues. Pundits left, right and centre had us down for relegation and many had us as at the bottom. I think a mid table finish is not out the question, but with January approaching and we're floating around the 10th position spot, we have a lot more appeal to potential strikers and other reinforcements.
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      As I said I dont know just assumed
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
      Not so sure about 2.

These kind of periods of games in quick succession are the ones that the newly promoted teams struggle with. Brighton need to work harder than most teams in the league as the players are not quite as good as most. It was a cruel blow in the fixture list to have man u, palace and Liverpool together in a week as well as Stoke been pushed closer to those

Even the likes of man city , spurs and man u struggle more in games after a champions league midweek game.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      I'm sorry but what...?

You're telling me that a team that played 50 games (46 league games, 4 cup games) last season, often playing Saturday (Friday in our case most of the time) Tuesday, Saturday for most of the last season, will now struggle because they have to play Monday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, for the first time this season?

Sorry but I don't buy that once ounce - this team know what it takes, and playing on Saturday and then playing again Tuesday will give the team a very quick chance to possibly bounce back (if we lose) or possibly even kick on even more...

0 Not allowed!
      If anything with the amount of internationals that Man Utd have, it will be them resting players and fielding their reserves!...After all it's only Brighton!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuggles View Post
      If anything with the amount of internationals that Man Utd have, it will be them resting players and fielding their reserves!...After all it's only Brighton!
      Indeed, Pogba might get a comeback cameo.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      No Chance - I want to see Jose Mourhino be the next Manager to be sacked for losing to ''lowly'' Brighton just because of a post almost 2 years ago when @Ernest wanted CH sacked and I asked who would you replace him by he said '' Jose Mourhino ''

In seriousness though - No chance anyone will be rested. Play the best team to grind out a result and keep confidence high