Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we have a MotD Goal of the Month contender this season?

Will we have a MotD Goal of the Month contender this season?

• Yes

Votes: 71 74.0%
  • No (Brighton & Hove Albion - who are they?)

Votes: 25 26.0%

• Total voters

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I seem to remember many, many years ago we actually got Goal of the Season, scored by Alex Dawson but on the end of a string of passes out of defence, and we got it because it was a team goal. On that basis Izquierdo's goal against Stoke must be a contender.

Willie Irvine?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I seem to remember many, many years ago we actually got Goal of the Season, scored by Alex Dawson but on the end of a string of passes out of defence, and we got it because it was a team goal. On that basis Izquierdo's goal against Stoke must be a contender.

On the basis that MoTD didn't even consider it worth a 2nd look in the studio analysis I don't think they rate it that highly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the basis that MoTD didn't even consider it worth a 2nd look in the studio analysis I don't think they rate it that highly.

Clearly they weren't aware of the rarity that is Dale Stephens in the opposition penalty area, during open play.
For that alone it deserves to be goal of the millennium.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

The MOTD commentator i was listening to called it a "lovely move - a magnificent goal - stoke city defenders were bamboozled, Izquierdo has come close to surpassing his [West Ham goal]"

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The MOTD commentator i was listening to called it a "lovely move - a magnificent goal - stoke city defenders were bamboozled, Izquierdo has come close to surpassing his [West Ham goal]"

Maybe they thought the commentator did such a good job it wasn't worth any further analysis. You can't improve on perfection.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I honestly thought the goal saturday is up there with the best goals I have ever seen live.

I guess the suspence of a passing move helps, Oh my god, oh my god, go on, ****ing no way hes not going to is he, ****ing hell its in. Absolute scenes, Everyone around me was the same and absolute carnage in the celebrations. Probably helped it happened right infront of the away end.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Cammy Goals on Sunday....If was a goal by City everybody would be talking about ir, enough said, great spot by him about Ulloa being wrestled in the Stoke area and no penalty.
Top punditry!!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Maybe they thought the commentator did such a good job it wasn't worth any further analysis. You can't improve on perfection.

True

If Man City had scored that goal with those one touch intricate weighted passes then the commentators would be purring and the word sublime would have been in evidence AGAIN

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Cammy Goals on Sunday....If was a goal by City everybody would be talking about ir, enough said, great spot by him about Ulloa being wrestled in the Stoke area and no penalty.
Top punditry!!

Just seen your post after I made my last one

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yes, against Villa

It didn’t win ‘Goal of the season’ though Jim. That honour fell to Ronnie Radfords effort for Hereford against Newcastle in THAT cup match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here