Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] John Lewis Christmas Ad

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Details being teased about this years John Lewis Christmas ad, always one if the highlights of the TV calendar. Rumours are it will be in tribute to George Michael (either Last Christmas or Club Tropicana) and expected to debut THIS Thursday.

I. Can’t. Wait.

:clap:

Are you saying that George Michael was a monster that hid under little boys beds?

Clearly that's what you meant by a tribute

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Details being teased about this years John Lewis Christmas ad, always one if the highlights of the TV calendar. Rumours are it will be in tribute to George Michael (either Last Christmas or Club Tropicana) and expected to debut THIS Thursday.

I. Can’t. Wait.

:clap:

Surelt that should be WANKER with a capital W???

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Considering all the prancing, arty peacocks in major ad agencies, I'm staggered by the lack of ideas and creativity in these seasonal ads. It's like someone created a template in 1997 and now everyone has to follow it. The current John Lewis offering is dull, predictable and painfully sickly. Like wolfing 10 boxes of Quality Street in one hit....pass the bucket please.....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I am a MASSIVE fan of the John Lewis Christmas ads but I have got to say this one is the worst for a very long time. Utterly no emotional connection at all which is surely what they are aiming for? Dreadful, just bloody dreadful. Such a disappointment. Peaked in 2012 with the snowman and 2013 with the bear and the hare, the penguins were decent, I could even tolerate the man on the moon and that dreadful dog trampoline (although massive fail to have an ugly looking dog rather than a cute black labrador puppy one), but this, this is utter and complete turd. I'm going for a lie down and a sob.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Considering all the prancing, arty peacocks in major ad agencies, I'm staggered by the lack of ideas and creativity in these seasonal ads. It's like someone created a template in 1997 and now everyone has to follow it. The current John Lewis offering is dull, predictable and painfully sickly. Like wolfing 10 boxes of Quality Street in one hit....pass the bucket please.....

Mmmmmmmmm.......quality street

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here