Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Another mass shootin

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
I have no issue with their right to bear arms whatsoever.

However their right to bear children.....

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
funny thing is at State level and lower, there's an awful lot of gun control legislation. the congressmen voting against federal controls will be from areas that have similar controls in their home town. who they are representing is confusing.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I do believe it's laughably easy to get hold of significant weaponry with very little trouble. I know states have different laws, but in many of them (probably over half) it is ridiculous to most people. Including most American's if they bothered to check their own laws - rather than assume a certain rule is in effect.

In many states:
1. Whilst full-auto weapons have not been legal to purchase since the 80's, semi-auto (assault rifles for example) have been allowed in since 2004
2. There is no limit to the magazine capacity
3. There is no limit to how many guns you can buy
4. You do not need a permit to purchase or carry weapons (most states you need a permit to carry handguns)
5. You do not need a license / registration
6. You do not need background checks if you buy at a gun show or private sale in most states.
7. People on terrorist watch lists are not prohibited from buying guns
8. Law enforcement do not have to be told when large quantities of guns are bought in a short space of time

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
twits.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How thick are Americans ?

The local Sherriff has just said the issue is people not guns, FFS it is people with guns

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To understand the next mass murder you need to watch this:-

[tweet]927633816725872640[/tweet]

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
The frustrating thing is, the attack would likely have been worse had a local not been armed.

The real issue here isnt entirely guns and I think it really obscures the real issue at hand. All these people crying "Why isn't he being called a terrorist" "if he was black he'd be a terrorist", are again, missing the point. Mental health is clearly an issue in the United States. Taking guns away doesn't negate the intention to kill and mass stabbings happen a lot in China and to some extent, Japan.

The real solution is a system of regulation as to WHO can purchase a gun rather than banning guns themselves.

The anti-gun mob and the pro-gun mob literally ignore the issue at hand to grab the moral high ground. Both groups are to blame for the crisis in the U.S. Mental health is a huge stigma in the U.S, and regulating who can purchase a gun based on mental health could go a long way to helping the problem.

They also need to make it illegal to sell guns privately as in most states I believe there are little to no restrictions/background checks on private gun sales including organised fun fairs.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's strange that we're also a country with our fair share of people suffering from mental health problems yet our rate of gun crime is quite low. I wonder why that might be.

The Brits have been subjugated by their Royals and Governments for 1000+ years. Slaves and Pawns to the whims of those people in power.

The US was built on the basis of frontier expansion where personal freedom actually existed and any man could go out and forge their own trail, a lot of which relied on the backing of guns.

History is why the US and the UK aren't comparable.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I believe that the left in America is just as perplexed by the rightist gun culture as we brits are perplexed.

Speaking as a member of the left in America, we're not perplexed. If you ask the gun cultists, they'll tell you:

All those guns are necessary because soon They are going to come boiling out of the cities some day to take our wide-screen TV's and white women, and we need to be ready.
Either that, or for the patriot insurrection when the inevitable happens, and we elect a woman president -- or another colored one --and the government needs to be overthrown and a proper one substituted as a result.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Shooting innocent people in a church seems worse than any where else.

If your not safe there, where can you be? This is a place that teaches " love thy neighbour, he who is without sin cast the first stone"

The British have given up the 13 colonies, so in the modern world, the USA does not need all its civilians to have a gun if someone steps on your foot accidently.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
They also need to make it illegal to sell guns privately as in most states I believe there are little to no restrictions/background checks on private gun sales including organised fun fairs.

Absolutely, it's terrifying to think you can post a gun on gumtree and go pick it up. There's a huge mentality to shift, the reality is both sides will ignore what is pragmatic for the moral high ground. There is no call for discussion, only for "Degulate guns" or "ban guns", unfortunately the media love this dichotomy. I'm sure the majority of Americans don't mind gun ownership, just would prefer sensible regulation so legit owners can enjoy what they do and those with sinister or criminal intentions either find it very difficult to impossible to get a gun legally.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This MUST be watched in full, just to get to the last minute.

[tweet]928710206770606080[/tweet]

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Absolutely, it's terrifying to think you can post a gun on gumtree and go pick it up. There's a huge mentality to shift, the reality is both sides will ignore what is pragmatic for the moral high ground. There is no call for discussion, only for "Degulate guns" or "ban guns", unfortunately the media love this dichotomy. I'm sure the majority of Americans don't mind gun ownership, just would prefer sensible regulation so legit owners can enjoy what they do and those with sinister or criminal intentions either find it very difficult to impossible to get a gun legally.

The NRA seem to take any attempt to introduce regulation as the slippery slope to banning guns. I assume there are regulations in place for anything that has a side effect of being dangerous: cars, dogs, chemicals, work places etc etc. It really beggars belief that they don't have regulations in place for something designed to endanger life.

IMHO this is evidence of the problems caused by powerful political pressure groups shifting morality and good sense in government. Politicians are elected to represent the people not groups resourced by industry .

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
This MUST be watched in full, just to get to the last minute.

[tweet]928710206770606080[/tweet]

Trump, "Well Mr Bernstein your business plan is sound unlike your mental state, for that reason You're Fired"

Bernstein, "FIRED? F**@ing fired! I'll give you fired".

CNN news anchor "Reports are coming in of a mass shooting in Colorado Springs"..........................

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Trump, "Well Mr Bernstein your business plan is sound unlike your mental state, for that reason You're Fired"

Bernstein, "FIRED? F**@ing fired! I'll give you fired".

CNN news anchor "Reports are coming in of a mass shooting in Colorado Springs"..........................

It's simpler than that, all it will take is one of his girls to whisper:-

'kill them all'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here