Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Another mass shootin

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I will never forget when a taxi driver in Miami pulled out his gun because I asked how he would protect himself from trouble.
It was like a pistol but had a foot long barrel.
I had been to America a few times but never seen a personal weapon before.
As a British tourist it truly shocked me.
After watching Louis Theroux recently in a small town in Virginia and in Millwaukee, I have decided that due to guns and the unbelievable drug problem that The USA is a toilet of a country.
I know it's big and large parts are beautiful, but in general it's a Khazi with a nutter in charge.

I absolutely cannot disagree with you, however, the only times I actually saw weapons for real were in Canada and Northern Ireland, I mean non police in uniform ones. I still feel uncomfortable around armed police. I never saw an American with a gun when I lived there, but the fact they may have one was always prevalent.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I will never forget when a taxi driver in Miami pulled out his gun because I asked how he would protect himself from trouble.
After watching Louis Theroux recently in a small town in Virginia and in Millwaukee, I have decided that due to guns and the unbelievable drug problem that The USA is a toilet of a country.
I know it's big and large parts are beautiful, but in general it's a Khazi with a nutter in charge.

I did shore patrol with the local cops in Baton Rouge, during a ships visit. One of t he cops I was with told me if I needed a firearm, there was a loaded pump action shotgun under the front seat of the patrol car we were in, I asked him if there was any possibility I would need it, he said, yeah, maybe.:shrug:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I did shore patrol with the local cops in Baton Rouge, during a ships visit. One of t he cops I was with told me if I needed a firearm, there was a loaded pump action shotgun under the front seat of the patrol car we were in, I asked him if there was any possibility I would need it, he said, yeah, maybe.:shrug:

Exactly. That is where the cab driver had his.
We were driving across town, he said that if he were to stop here and I walked down any of those streets off of the main road the minimum that would happen is that I would be mugged by someone with a gun and high.
That's when I asked him how he protects himself.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Just seen a video from Twitter of a small group of people praying and crying in the town. One of the women in tears was wearing a t-shirt that read 'This is my gun permit. United States of America constitution'.

Their obsession and denial about guns is astounding. There is simply no plausible reason for requiring a military spec assault rifle. They should spend less time praying and more time coming up with a solution

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I had a debate on guns when in Texas about 10yrs ago. Didn’t go well, I looked up some facts at the time - might not be 100% right but I think Americans kill 32k of there own each year through firearms = number of deaths by driving accidents. To put in context since Kennedy was assassinated, The Americans have killed more of their own that has died fighting for Uncle Sam in every single war since they were founded - no other civilised society would put up with this.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He'll obsess over Muslims and Mexicans (a vote winner with whites in the Rust Belt), whilst thousands of americans are shot dead by .... their compatriots.

Both those mentioned are a threat to the American way of life. The compatriots are not.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

That's a powerful poem but the last line needs some work.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Devin P. Kelley, who was court martialed from the U.S. Air Force, was identified as the gunman who walked into the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, on Sunday morning and murdered at least 26 people, wounding many more in the tiny, rural community near San Antonio.

The shooter’s name was reported through sources by The New York Times and CBS News; the latter gave his name as Devin Patrick Kelley, 26, of New Braunfels, Texas and said the Air Force court martial occurred only three years ago. Although the motive was not yet clear, the gunman’s background includes religious school work, but he also liked pages devoted to atheism. The shooter, who is dead, left behind disturbing social media posts, including a Facebook page that showed off a rifle, calling it a “bad b*tch.”

kelley2-e1509923773350.jpg

Authorities revealed that a heroic citizen in the church “grabbed his rifle and confronted the suspect,” who was armed with a “Ruger AR assault type rifle.” The local citizen pursued the suspect, who ran off the road and crashed and was found deceased in his vehicle. “We don’t know if it was a self inflicted gunshot wound or if he was shot by our local resident who engaged him with gunfire,” authorities said. It was the largest mass shooting in Texas history.

The horrific mass shooting wounded almost everyone inside the small white church building in the town of only a few hundred people. The victims ranged in age from 5 to 72, authorities said. “This will be a long suffering mourning for those in pain,” said Governor Greg Abbott, confirming that 26 people had died. Authorities would not confirm the suspect’s name, and they said they were investigating, but could not confirm, reports of possible militia ties.

As many as 30 other people were injured, reported an ABC producer. A KSAT-TV reporter at the scene said that an “ambu-bus” had responded, which is used to transport multiple victims. Pregnant women and young children were reportedly among the victims, including the 14-year-old daughter of the pastor, who was out of town when the mass shooting occurred. The victims were still not identified, the sheriff said in an evening press conference.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A little bit off topic, but......

I watched the news conference this afternoon and wondered why Governor Greg Abbott was in a wheelchair. Turns out that in 1984, when he was 26, he was out jogging after a storm when an oak tree fell on his back; he was in hospital and in rehabilitation for more than 3 months and has used a wheelchair ever since.

How unfortunate is that? And what are the chances? Bizarre.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Trump in Tokyo today : “Who would ever think a thing like this could happen?"

:facepalm:

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patreon
Jan 30, 2008
This.

People don't need automatic rifles and multiple weopons to fight off burglars and rapists.

Civil liberty gone made, of the ilk of Sarah Palin, Charlton Heston and Trump. Crocodile tears are shed for the real people wiped away by their evil law.
your ignoreing that they have man eating bears in the us so need guns to protect themselfs. Typical leftist dont know the country
regards
DR

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
President Donald Trump, on a tour of Asia, said the gunman was "a very deranged individual" and denied that guns were to blame for the shooting.
"We have a lot of mental health problems in our country, but this isn't a guns situation," he said.- BBC

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
President Donald Trump, on a tour of Asia, said the gunman was "a very deranged individual" and denied that guns were to blame for the shooting.
"We have a lot of mental health problems in our country, but this isn't a guns situation," he said.- BBC

Extreme Vetting. Just not for owning a gun...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I was just having a google for the Texas Tower shooting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Texas_tower_shooting (1966)

and as one of it's recommendations google suggested 'Top 10 American Massacres'.

I eventually found this catagory:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_by_year
Mass shootings in the United States by year

How is this even possible?

Jeez.
I may be wrong, but working back, 1975 seems to be the first year not documented.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here