Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] What SECRETS do the PARADISE Papers hold ?

larus

Taking the party politics out of this, it just proves that the elite work in a very different way to us poor plebs.

Lord Ashcroft made to look bad.
The Queen (or her estate) being naughty maybe.
Arsenal/Everton.

This proves that the real problem is not with people becoming successful and only paying say 40% tax (instead of 50% maybe), but the elite paying sweet FA in tax.

And successive governments have done nothing about it, be the Tory or Labour.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Nothing any of these individuals or organisations have done is illegal. Immoral possibly. If governments cracked down on tax loopholes then the whole problem would go away. Of course governments don't because it's the government individuals and their mates that benefit from the loopholes and that covers ALL political parties !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nothing any of these individuals or organisations have done is illegal. Immoral possibly. If governments cracked down on tax loopholes then the whole problem would go away. Of course governments don't because it's the government individuals and their mates that benefit from the loopholes and that covers ALL political parties !

Or they look at the bigger picture where these companies provide employment of staff who pay taxes......

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Always stuns me how the first to rush to defend these, at best immoral and, at worst illegal activities, are always people who are quite happy to pay their full tax obligations, often under PAYE ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Though the trickle down effect is now widely dismissed by even some in the city.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Fair enough but people get angry about how Starbucks get around corporate tax law but they employ a lot of people

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Fair enough but people get angry about how Starbucks get around corporate tax law but they employ a lot of people

but its the wrong type of jobs.

funny thing is why the Queen who doesn't legally pay taxes need to invest in tax havens?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
This could be really big news. If the Queen / royal family is on a tax evasion scheme they can all do one. I love the fact as tax payers we do up their palaces and then they say its about tourism blah blah blah - do you ever feel like you've been mugged off, I do?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
but its the wrong type of jobs.

funny thing is why the Queen who doesn't legally pay taxes need to invest in tax havens?

They cannot be that wrong otherwise no-one would work there.

I thought the Queen agreed to under the Bliar regime

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why on earth would you want to find ways to help them avoid paying their tax liabilities ?

So do you think Nissan and Honda just decided to build massive car production factories in the UK employing thousands of people for zero incentive ?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Why should the employees pay tax on their meagre pay when a multi-billion dollar cooperation don’t? ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Off with her head.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why should the employees pay tax on their meagre pay when a multi-billion dollar cooperation don’t? ???

Is a very good question and personally I believe they should but it would appear they can circumnavigate this with clever lawyers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here