Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many points from the next 7 (seven) games?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Stoke H - Win
Manchester United A - loss (but not heavy)
Crystal Palace H - win
Liverpool H -
Huddersfield A - draw
Tottenham A -
Burnley H - Win

10 pts PLUS 1 more from either Liverpool or Spurs I reckon.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Why shouldnt we beat Burnley? They are a very workman like team with no stars. and I am sure that Dunk and Duffy will handle Barnes and Vokes and I would look to AK to give Ward a run around.

So far away from home this season Burnley have beaten Chelsea & Everton and drawn with Spurs & Liverpool. I think it is rational to not expect 3 points against them, to be honest. Then again, rational thinking isn't always your strong point.

Seems strange that you were saying AK isn't Premier League quality earlier, but now expect him to be giving people the run around. :shrug:

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Everyone give yourselves a pat on the back for the consistency of opinion!

Why shouldnt we beat Burnley? They are a very workman like team with no stars. and I am sure that Dunk and Duffy will handle Barnes and Vokes and I would look to AK to give Ward a run around.

The reality is we're talking about a team that have cemented themselves as the 'new Stoke' and the "lack of stars", if anything, is credit to where they've got to. I used to hate them (Barton era) but actually quite admire what they're up to and how they've gone about their work. I find it quite hard not to like Dyche actually. Definitely very hard to play against.

It is a tough run. There isn’t a single game in there I would be confident of us winning. You could argue that all our last four opponents are currently at a low point and struggling for confidence, but none of the next seven are. Stoke and Palace look like the most likely wins, but both those teams are showing signs of slightly picking up in comparison to their early season form and will be really tough for us to beat. Therefore if we could get six points from the seven games I would say that is a very good return. People talking about 12-15 are on another planet.

I think these guys went in high early on before realising everyone else was playing it safe. ;)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I think we'll get 11, but take 8 if something goes wrong like an unexpected sending off. I really think 11 out of 21 is realistic withi this Albion side. We have always been outmuscled against Stoke, but they are drifting a little over the hill in quality. Liverpool can be vulnerable or brilliant and Burnley are beatable if we score first. I only really see Man U and Spurs as banker defeats, but Utd have weak spots and if we keep it goalless for an hour, we may be able to keep it that way. Our wingers may just sparkle in the space at Wembley, still same size pitch as ours? They may just underestimate us - like Swansea:wink:

I hope CH uses the "almost certain to lose" games against MU and SPURS to give a few of the others a run-out. There is no guarantee that we will sign anyone in the transfer window (though hopefully if we are still around midtable at xmas we should..) Therefore if we hit a bad run of injuries with key players out then it will be less of an impact when it happens.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Stoke H - Win
Manchester United A - loss (but not heavy)
Crystal Palace H - win
Liverpool H -
Huddersfield A - draw
Tottenham A -
Burnley H - Win

10 pts PLUS 1 more from either Liverpool or Spurs I reckon.
You're dreaming

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stoke H 3
Manchester United A 3
Crystal Palace H 1
Liverpool H 3
Huddersfield A 1
Tottenham A 0
Burnley H shit, dunno

11 to 14

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
8 ...
Stoke - 3
Manchester United - 0
Crystal Palace - 3
Liverpool - 0
Huddersfield - 1
Tottenham - 0
Burnley - 1

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I'm going a creditable 8 but as ever some of those will come in games we might not expect. Suspect the Palace showdown may grind into a 1-1.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
5, and then we'll beat Watford in the next game, finishing the first half of the season on 23 points.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Stoke H WIN
Manchester United A LOSE
Crystal Palace H WIN
Liverpool H LOSE
Huddersfield A DRAW
Tottenham A LOSE
Burnley H DRAW

8 points only me thinks ???

I was going to post the exact same thing.
We certainly have the ability to beat both Huddersfield and Burnley but realistically I'd be happy with a point from both.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Agree with This, Realistic.

Realistic and what is required. 40 points from 38 games, pretty much 1 point per game. We are already ahead of this so 8 pts from next 7 will do me just fine. We aren’t going to finish 8th, it’s all about getting to 40pts and building for season #2

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
As long as we have a minimum of 25 points on Christmas day that will be a great return.

We have to remember our last 10 games will be the hardest 10 over the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here