Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Them up the road

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
On early season form it should really be Palace, West Ham and Swansea going down but it is still early. The thing I still find odd about this division is we are now in November and it feels like we've barely played any games. Plenty of time for one or two teams to turn things completely around. I think this is different to the Championship where I reckon it's likely to be three from the current bottom four going down.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We'll have a better idea of whether Stoke are relegation candidates after we play them next.

That game may prove me wrong, but for now I reckon they will be in the relegation battle sooner rather than later.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The thing I still find odd about this division is we are now in November and it feels like we've barely played any games.

Had exactly this conversation with a fellow season ticket holder the other day. Feels like there have hardly been any matches at all so far.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
The reason they are our rivals was because we played in them in the same league and compteted with each other neck and neck for a few years,great times but if you would rather they went down and we get two games against Swansea each season for example:shootself Whats the point:ffsparr:

But we weren't in the same league as them for DECADES, so not being in the same league doesn't make any difference, does it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We'll have a better idea of whether Stoke are relegation candidates after we play them next.

That game may prove me wrong, but for now I reckon they will be in the relegation battle sooner rather than later.

No it's all cyclical, Stoke like palace are coming off a run of 'bad' fixtures and have points in front of them, WBA on the other hand...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Had exactly this conversation with a fellow season ticket holder the other day. Feels like there have hardly been any matches at all so far.

I feel the same, which prompted my "Things you miss about the Championship" thread (http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?357896-Things-you-miss-about-the-Championship) - the evening games the Championship brings makes the season feel more "joined up" for want of a better description.

Still, 3 games in 9 days when it starts again, being the first part of 11 games in 42 days. Contrast that with the 91 days it's taken to get through the first 11 fixtures.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
On early season form it should really be Palace, West Ham and Swansea going down but it is still early. The thing I still find odd about this division is we are now in November and it feels like we've barely played any games. Plenty of time for one or two teams to turn things completely around. I think this is different to the Championship where I reckon it's likely to be three from the current bottom four going down.

When we play United in TWO games time, that will be MORE THAN a THIRD OF THE SEASON gone :eek:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The last time Palace had only accumulated four points from their opening 11 games in the top flight was in 2013-14. They ended up finishing 11th.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
When the fixtures were published, I had us on 7 points at 11 games.

I had us beating Swansea and Burnley and a draw against West ham , so only 3 points down on my reckoning.

I knew we would lose to Huddersfield, that was a given.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
According to Experimental361, so far this season them up the road have been:-

Winning 5.5% Drawing 39.6% Losing 54.8%

Winning 5.5% - shortest amount of time wining in the four leagues.
Losing 54.8% - longest amount of time losing in the four leagues.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

I had us beating Swansea and Burnley and a draw against West ham , so only 3 points down on my reckoning.

You thought it could happen, but I doubt you really believed you would have 7... let alone 4.

I still think you will do enough to stay up. 1 Win will get you going, on top of that the Premier League is bang average.

Id still be very supirsed if we finished above you.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

After-timing nonsense. If you had 7 points, you'd still be dead last FFS.

And I don't recall many of you NigeIs on here announcing you'd be well behind us before we play you at the Amex. In fact as I recall, even after you'd started really badly there was an awful lot of gobshittery where you were all telling us to see where we were after 10 games, that none of our players would get into your team, and all that shite. Funnily enough, not many of you are on here these days to tell us how right you were.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
After-timing nonsense. If you had 7 points, you'd still be dead last FFS.

And I don't recall many of you NigeIs on here announcing you'd be well behind us before we play you at the Amex. In fact as I recall, even after you'd started really badly there was an awful lot of gobshittery where you were all telling us to see where we were after 10 games, that none of our players would get into your team, and all that shite. Funnily enough, not many of you are on here these days to tell us how right you were.

Whilst I broadly agree with your point, I'm not going to be quite so punchy about it. I'll copy and paste something I wrote on this thread last night:

"The fact is you've been to four of the top six away whereas we've only had to do that once so far. You don't have to play another top 6 side until December 28th and before then we have to go to Manchester United, Spurs, Chelsea and host Liverpool. You really shouldn't be 11 points adrift of us by the time you face Arsenal."​

I'll add that if we'd visited Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool and Spurs we'd not be in 8th place with 15 points. We could very well be 19th on 8 points.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whilst I broadly agree with your point, I'm not going to be quite so punchy about it. I'll copy and paste something I wrote on this thread last night:

"The fact is you've been to four of the top six away whereas we've only had to do that once so far. You don't have to play another top 6 side until December 28th and before then we have to go to Manchester United, Spurs, Chelsea and host Liverpool. You really shouldn't be 11 points adrift of us by the time you face Arsenal."

I'll add that if we'd visited Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool and Spurs we'd not be in 8th place with 15 points. We could very well be 19th on 8 points.

I don't disagree they've had a tough start, but Palace have been a chippy bunch of clowns on here and not ONE of them predicted they'd be last after 11 games. I'm fairly sure you could trawl the archives for plenty of "Wait until we've played 10 games, I'm confident we'll be comfortably above you by then" type posts from just about every visiting Nigel.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
There are signs that they are improving.

I personally think they will go down but unfortunately the way the games coming round, I think they will beat us at the Amex.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Zaha has a big World Cup qualifier against Morocco on Saturday. If he gets injured for a while there’s no way they’d be able to get themselves out of danger.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here