Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you take 17th final position?

Would you take 17th final position?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If offered it now, would you take 17th final position?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8190811]That was the goal at the start of the season, now need to change it now.
This.

Anything above that would still be a bonus.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No that's a LOSER'S attitude :smile:

Top 12 for me at the moment

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8190811 said:
That was the goal at the start of the season, now need to change it now.
Slight typo there me thinks.
This.

Anything above that would still be a bonus.
We wouldn't get anything above if we (hypothetically) took 17th.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
17th would be perfect but as you get a few million for every position you attain above that then higher would be nice because every few million potentially allows you to hold on to players who might attract attention from other clubs

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
As William would ask................." Why."

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The higher you finish the more TV money you get, so with the position of the table at the moment I'm starting to think relegation is unlikely.

So its a no from me.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Of course we would all take 17th, in the first 11 games we've only played two of the top 6, meaning in the final 27 games we have 10 games we're likely to get less than 5 points from.

Realistically we knew that if we were going to stay up, we had to build up a good stock of points from the opening fixtures because forgetting City and Arsenal, all of our fixtures so far have been games we need to compete in. Our wins at West Ham and Swansea are enormous results and give us a massive chance to stay up, if we'd beaten either Everton or Southampton we'd be in one hell of a position but we can't be greedy. We just need to keep ticking along as we are and if we take the 6 points from Stoke and Palace we'll be over halfway home, which then means being able to bring in a better striker because players won't see us as so much of a gamble anymore. It's such a positive cycle if we can keep picking up the results.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes.

Bank survival and then evolve the squad more for next year.

Rather than risking relegation followed by having to dismantle what we have.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes - but preferably having secured safety a few games before, so able to relax in the certainty that the lowest we could finish was 17th.

Less keen if we had to get three points from the final game to get there!

larus

Yes.

Although we’re 8th, we’re top of the ‘bottom pack’. There’s a gap of 4 points to 7th. There’s a 5 point gap to16th, so if we get some bad results (which I guess most of us would not be surprised if that happened), we could quite easily drop to being in the bottom 5/6.

Next 4 fixtures - 2 from the big 6 plus Stoke at home and Palace. They’re all games we could lose (Palace do have some good players and it could click against us). It’s not a LOSERs mentality (@Icy Gull ), but it’s raining the view that this year is just another small step in progress. That’s different from saying that I wouldn’t want to finish higher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here