Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Audi TV Advert

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
The clowns Audi advert which is all over the telly at the moment, bothers me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSUF7-xQHrA

The theme is that the road is full of clowns and that Audi's are supposed to be clown-proof.

In the ad we see an Audi driver reversing out of a garage onto a main road without looking, into the path of a clown who clearly has right-of-way. Next we see Mr Audi pulling out of a junction at a stop sign in front of another poor clown.

There are clowns in this advert indeed, but it aint the ones with the red noses and funny hats.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Also just noticed that the Audi also crosses a solid white line without any hesitation when moving around the stopped car, and the one in the tunnel is just sitting in the overtaking lane, forcing everyone else on the bikes to undertake. Disgraceful.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
A Peugeot advert has been banned recently because the driver was distracted by a text message appearing on his dashboard.

Shameless car manufacturers putting profits above road safety :lolol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Audi drivers should be shot at birth... halfwits.

Edit: I may revisit this decision if I ever get an RS :wink:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It just shows reality. Audi drivers are surpassed only by those with BMWs who clearly cannot afford the optional extras that are known to the rest of us as "indicators".

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What music shall we have?

It's for an advert, right?

Yeah.

Well, let's go for a slow acoustic cover version of a classic sung by a young lady who breathes heavily whilst singing.

Hasn't that been done lots of times before?

Never in the history of advert music. Where do I send the very large invoice for my advertising consultancy?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can't see a problem, and yes, Audi drivers do own the road

The thing with Audi drivers is they feel a few inches smaller than Merc or Beamer drivers, therefore they assert themselves by being total a'holes on the road. Shame, Audi's are pretty decent cars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here