Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which of these pleases you the most?

Which of these pleases you the most?

• Being 8th (9th) in the league after 11 games

Votes: 109 51.9%
  • Being 7 (6) points clear of the bottom 3

Votes: 89 42.4%
  • Being joint 6th in Premier League clean sheets

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Being 7th in fewest PL goals conceded

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Glenn Murray being joint 11th in PL top scorers (and he's missed a lot of games)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

el punal

Points ahead of bottom 3 without question. IMO league position only really takes over once the prospect of relegation is gone

Absolutely. Our bare minimum target would be 37 points (very few teams have been relegated with that total), realistically 40 points should be ok. If we can achieve 25 points from the remaining 27 games life would be sweet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Being 8th.

I ignore the points of the basement clubs, other than enjoying the just 4 for Smellhurst. Otherwise you can fall into the trap of the doom-monger of the last couple of the last 24 hours "What if we lose the next five, which we're likely to do against brilliant squads, and inevitablly Everton/Hammers/Palace start getting wins?"

D

Deleted member 2719

Dunk And Duffy not injured pleases me most, Without them together, I don't want to think about where we would be now.

This, but can I add how important Gross is, he has one of the highest assists in the first 10 premier league games history, buy of the Century???

I think so.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Being 8th. If you're top half you're earning respect and recognition. Everyone at the club deserves this - fans, players, manager and chairman.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The fact that we are in the top ten and have a real chance of finishing there. (So that I collect the winnings from my 10/1 £25 bet at the end of the season)

Top work Sim. It's good to know we're going to finish 11th thanks to a last minute goal on the final day of the season.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
My cash out is getting better and better. I’m going to hold firm though.

7afc3dc1b3a0510f7f2f8cc6b44e6278.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i would cash out tbh. And stick a tenner on the same bet again

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s all about the number of points. We know we need a point per game over the course of the season to stay up, so to have 15 from 11 is outstanding. It essentially means we can now afford to lose four in a row and still be on track. I’m not too bothered about other teams yet, it’s all about us consistently adding points to our tally. Even draws are good for us in most games. Obviously we all know we have four of the top six between November 25th and December 26th so there will be defeats coming in the near future, but we have built up the required safety net. And if we could get a bonus point or two in those games we’ll be in an even stronger position. The important thing now is trying to win at least two of the home games against Stoke, Palace, Watford and Burnley that we have left in 2017 so we go into the second half of the season with more than half the points required for safety on the board.

Agreed. 8 wins from 27 needed.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
8th in the league, great start but Chris won't be getting carried away, I recall Hull getting to 27 points by Christmas one season and if I recall correctly went down

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What pleases you the most?

Being 8th (or, possibly, 9th later today) is great but it's the buffer to the bottom 3 that we've built up that really pleases me.

It is the two things together that matter though. The points gap is obviously huge, but I'd rather be where we are now, than be 17th and 8 points clear. In that scenario, whilst we have a bigger 'buffer' only ONE team needs to go on a good run, to drag us into trouble. Where we are, TEN teams need to overtake us, to put us in the bottom three. Ten teams that will inevitably be playing a lot of games against each other.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
None of those stats are what makes me most happy this Monday morning.
For me it is that we are being regarded as by all the pundits as having settled in nicely with an excellent manager, brilliant defence and having surprised everyone (including ourselves if we're honest)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Being 8th. The more teams there are below us, the more other results can go our way.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I have voted 8th in the league, but really want an "all of the above" option.:O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here