Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which of these pleases you the most?

Which of these pleases you the most?

• Being 8th (9th) in the league after 11 games

Votes: 109 51.9%
  • Being 7 (6) points clear of the bottom 3

Votes: 89 42.4%
  • Being joint 6th in Premier League clean sheets

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Being 7th in fewest PL goals conceded

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Glenn Murray being joint 11th in PL top scorers (and he's missed a lot of games)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What pleases you the most?

Being 8th (or, possibly, 9th later today) is great but it's the buffer to the bottom 3 that we've built up that really pleases me.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Being 2nd out of 14 in the 'league within a league' that we are really competing in.

Being ahead of Newcastle and Huddersfield after 11 games.

Being 11 points ahead of Palace.

Being 5 points ahead of the "To avoid bed wetting follow this guide - the staying up tracker (ELEVEN games UPDATE)"

Amazing scenes.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Think the fewest goals conceded rating.If we could maintain 7th,or even better it,what a season it could end up being.The other stats are better than anyone expected,and long may they continue.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What pleases you the most?

Being 8th (or, possibly, 9th later today) is great but it's the buffer to the bottom 3 that we've built up that really pleases me.

Me too. We can't afford to get too carried away, The only thing that matters this season, THE only thing, is retaining our Premier League place, so keeping that nice fat margain between us and the relegation places is the be all and end all.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Being 8th. It's the number of teams below us that matters.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
being 8th (or 9th)

being 11 points ahead of Palace (come on you Spurs!)

and having a flight booked from Frankfurt to Manchester on Saturday 25th November.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Points ahead of bottom 3 without question. IMO league position only really takes over once the prospect of relegation is gone

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Goal difference is worth another point. Has to be happy to be so high in the table, after all that is what matters. **** this worrying about the relegation zone.....unless we are in it

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Goal difference is worth another point. Has to be happy to be so high in the table, after all that is what matters. **** this worrying about the relegation zone.....unless we are in it

Early days yet Icy, still three quarters of the season to be played, but so far we are exceeding expectations, l can't deny that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The fact that we are in the top ten and have a real chance of finishing there. (So that I collect the winnings from my 10/1 £25 bet at the end of the season)

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Dunk And Duffy not injured pleases me most, Without them together, I don't want to think about where we would be now.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
At the moment we haven't played 5 of the 7 teams above us, so I think being 8th in the table potentially flatters us at the moment, although quite possibly not.

On that basis the number of points above the bottom three is more pleasing at the moment. However I went for 7th fewest goals conceded as I think this will be key to staying out of the bottom three going forward.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Early days yet Icy, still three quarters of the season to be played, but so far we are exceeding expectations, l can't deny that.

Way way way ahead of my expectations when the window closed without a striker signing. CH walks on water for me, never wanted him and now I wonder why he was out of work for so long. One of the best, possibly the best with a smaller than average budget.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Its just the fact that we look good, look organised, look committed and thus deserve what we have. Watching this team yesterday you just know they are good enough to be there, just like watching last year you knew they were going to go up. Stats can tell the reasons behind a story but just watching the team play is enough to know they are good enough.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
At the end of the season, where we were on 4th/5th of November will be completely meaningless, even if we finish in 8th place, it won't be because we are 8th this week. Final positions are based on points, and if necessary goals. That we have 15 points after 11 games, is what pleases me most.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You missed one Bozza
[MENTION=15277]kingcole[/MENTION] rinsing the bookies, almost weekly.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Joint 4th with goals scored against us and joint 10th with goals scored for us. Sums it up. We are doing well.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
The fact that we are in the top ten and have a real chance of finishing there. (So that I collect the winnings from my 10/1 £25 bet at the end of the season)

My cash out is getting better and better. I’m going to hold firm though.

7afc3dc1b3a0510f7f2f8cc6b44e6278.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here