Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Catering facilities at Swansea - disgraceful

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The locals were pretty friendly as well, wasn't expecting that. Had Swansea down as being one of the places to keep your wits about you. Maybe it's because their frustration were aimed at the club/team.

You're mistaking them with the Neanderthals in Cardiff I think.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolute and utter joke. A pis*hole of a ground.

Least they made me feel at home in London at £5.50 a pint. Actually it was less
than a pint of SA.

The catering seemed fine. Long but very fast moving queue (Barber take note), pie and pint was £8 (had the Celtic Pie which turned out to be a balti and a Brains SA) both a reasonable quality. Staff were friendly and quick and a guy was keeping an eye on the queue. Really not seeing the issue.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I go to games to watch Football. Not to expect Michelin star cuisine and fine Ales.
You get that in the towns or cities

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The locals were pretty friendly as well, wasn't expecting that. Had Swansea down as being one of the places to keep your wits about you. Maybe it's because their frustration were aimed at the club/team.

Happily chatted to a few on the walk back to town. They are mightily pissed off.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Happily chatted to a few on the walk back to town. They are mightily pissed off.

Not surprised with that durge they dished out yesterday, easily the worst team I have seen in the Prem... Palace asides.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Never eat at footy grounds,drink rule only 4 at a time was a strange one,drank at the working man club 2 min walk away before the game

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Not surprised with that durge they dished out yesterday, easily the worst team I have seen in the Prem... Palace asides.

"Durge". Is that Welsh for something?

All I can find online is a reference to a Star Wars character

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Durge

..and a couple of slang references
http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/durge
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=durge

Neither of which make sense in the context you are using.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
The catering seemed fine. Long but very fast moving queue (Barber take note), pie and pint was £8 (had the Celtic Pie which turned out to be a balti and a Brains SA) both a reasonable quality. Staff were friendly and quick and a guy was keeping an eye on the queue. Really not seeing the issue.

I tend to agree. I've queued longer in WSU (and much longer in Dicks) only to get to the front of the queue and discover that various items wanted have run out. At least they seemed to have everything they were advertising in sufficient quantity. And the Brains SA (albeit bottled) was indeed fine.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Liked the stadium been to worse this year, 30 minute walk from town centre, catering could have been improved but better than most other away grounds I have been to this year. Friendly stewards and police with a sense of humour. Got talking to a Swansea fan after the game and they have plans to improve the ground and facilities. The main topic of discussion with fans seemed to be the lack of confidence they have in the manager. I liked.the area went out in the evening for a meal and only met friendly down to earth people. Bonus was staying in the same hotel as the players, all in all a very nice weekend.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Liked the stadium been to worse this year, 30 minute walk from town centre, catering could have been improved but better than most other away grounds I have been to this year. Friendly stewards and police with a sense of humour. Got talking to a Swansea fan after the game and they have plans to improve the ground and facilities. The main topic of discussion with fans seemed to be the lack of confidence they have in the manager. I liked.the area went out in the evening for a meal and only met friendly down to earth people. Bonus was staying in the same hotel as the players, all in all a very nice weekend.
Swansea is a great city. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The people there are lovely.

Bansko Seagull

Bansko Seagull
May 6, 2009
Worthing, West Sussex
I liked the ground. We had a good view and the stewards were very friendly. The park and ride was well organised and it was a good system when we left to just go and wait on the bus until all were led out together. We stayed in Porthcawl and enjoyed a pre match pint in The Seagull - 2 pints of Rev James and 2 glasses of wine for £11.70 - very reasonable.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I also thought it was ok. The queue looked daunting, but moved really quickly and the steak & ale pie I had was pretty good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here