Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Catering facilities at Swansea - disgraceful

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
People tend to go to football grounds to watch football games. I'ts like catering facilities at cinemas, just go to watch the match and less worrying about your stomach for two hours.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
People tend to go to football grounds to watch football games. I'ts like catering facilities at cinemas, just go to watch the match and less worrying about your stomach for two hours.

So back in the day (whenever that may have been) you never had catering? New fad?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
A decent away venue tbh. Good view of the pitch (first priority), nice stewards, fast moving queue and decent toilets. Designed well for the small concourse space the stadium has. I was able to leave at half time and arrive at my seat with a drink by the second half starting, I can't do that at the Amex some times!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
So back in the day (whenever that may have been) you never had catering? New fad?

All I'm saying is people pay too much notice to queues and prices and range of food on offer. There's plenty of choice outside the stadium before and after the game if the catering inside the concourse isn't up to standard. Same thing with the alcohol selection that's available.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
All I'm saying is people pay too much notice to queues and prices and range of food on offer. There's plenty of choice outside the stadium before and after the game if the catering inside the concourse isn't up to standard. Same thing with the alcohol selection that's available.

If you pays yer money you expect a service.

I thought it was a great ground. Ticked all the boxes apart from the shambles that was the catering.

The bogs were the blokes but had a man symbol over the woman symbol at the entrance. There was a ladies up stairs. Seemed they were sensibly making more male piss space available.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Very much so ! You should have seen the ‘catering’ at the Goldstone !
Having said that I do enjoy a pie at Falmer and that coffee stall outside is pretty good so I’ve gone all modern myself.

I did see the catering at the Goldstone, nice burgers in that caravan on the North West end.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Didn’t try the food etc but we were sat with the home fans first half and at halftime we simply walked down to a small gate and stepped over it and joined the Albion fans in the 2nd half
Spent our money in Yates before KO
good pint of Guinness as well

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
They even sold out of Welsh Cakes! The one blinking thing on the board that I actually wanted and they didn't have it. :(

The pie was awful. All crust and gravy with only 4 chunks of meat.

We deserved our 3 points for putting up with that and the long queue.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pre-match in the Spoons, cheap and cheerful what's not to like

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I did see the catering at the Goldstone, nice burgers in that caravan on the North West end.

You could catch typhoid and cholera from the catering and toilets at the Goldstone.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
The locals were pretty friendly as well, wasn't expecting that. Had Swansea down as being one of the places to keep your wits about you. Maybe it's because their frustration were aimed at the club/team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here