Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***PLAYER RATINGS vs SWANSEA***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I kniow that it has been mentioned many times but shouldnt we now try leaving IZQUIERDO on the halfway line when defending a corner as he wont win a header but his tremendous pace would cause great problems if the ball was released to him quickly.

Whilst I agree, Chris Hughton doesn’t and explained that it is not his preference at the Fans Forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Going off the 90 min replay on SKY... (Nissan Game Of The Day!!)

Ryan - 6
Bruno - 6
Bong - 6
Duffy - 7
Dunk - 8
Knockaert - 6
Stephens - 6
Propper - 6
Izquierdo - 6
Gross - 4
Murray - 7

Hemed - 5
March - 5
Brown - N/A

Do you not like Gross? 2 points worse than anyone else in the starting line up? Thats complete bollocks.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Do you not like Gross? 2 points worse than anyone else in the starting line up? Thats complete bollocks.
At the risk of being controversial, I can maybe understand this because when he hasnt conrtributed directly to a goal, and I know he runs a lot, but its sometimes difficult to know exactly how he fits into our system of play. Id rather he played deeper alongside Stephens with Propper pushing further forward or be replaced by the more dynamic Kayal When Kayal is fully fit.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I like him a lot but he was shit yesterday.
He didnt have his best game but was far from shit. He should have had a shot instead of trying to put March in. But other than that a very average 6 like most of the team. Jose was probably our poorest plyer yesterday.

All opinions of course. But Gross was not a 4 out of 10 and certainly not shit.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
At the risk of being controversial, I can maybe understand this because when he hasnt conrtributed directly to a goal, and I know he runs a lot, but its sometimes difficult to know exactly how he fits into our system of play. Id rather he played deeper alongside Stephens with Propper pushing further forward or be replaced by the more dynamic Kayal When Kayal is fully fit.

You are bang on about gross. His delivery has earned him plaudits, and rightly so, but his overall influence on a game can be questionable - lots of running, not much impact. I should think this will change the more he gets used to the prem.

For his delivery alone, he’s worth £15m. With more pace he’d be a Germany regular and worth god knows how much. He’d also probably be playing for Bayern or Barca not brighton,

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not seen any mention of Brown bottling the shot at goal in the dying moments after Fabianski had gone forward. He was probably about 35 yards out but the goal was unguarded and elected to square the ball into a crowd of players.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
At the risk of being controversial, I can maybe understand this because when he hasnt conrtributed directly to a goal, and I know he runs a lot, but its sometimes difficult to know exactly how he fits into our system of play.
I tend to follow the same chain of thought

Id rather he played deeper alongside Stephens with Propper pushing further forward

I initially thought that but don't now because Davie Propper for me fits that position perfectly where he plays

or be replaced by the more dynamic Kayal When Kayal is fully fit.

I don't see Kayal getting back into the team unless through injuries or suspensions

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Still think the juries out on Bong. Not sure I saw him complete a pass to Jose! Never seems to be able to move the ball to him quick enough. Dithers and any space Jose has is closed down.
There is also one hey!!!

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Ryan - 7
Bruno - 6
Bong - 7
Duffy - 7
Dunk - 7
Knockaert - 6
Stephens - 7
Propper - 6
Izquierdo - 6
Gross - 5
Murray - 7 MOTM

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not seen any mention of Brown bottling the shot at goal in the dying moments after Fabianski had gone forward. He was probably about 35 yards out but the goal was unguarded and elected to square the ball into a crowd of players.

Had a touch of the Michail Antonio’s about it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just home from the game......via a night in Swansea, a run along Swansea Bay this morning and being dragged round the Bridgend shopping centre on the way back.......but have watched the highlights as well

Ryan - 7 - looking more and more assured by the game, not much to do but one superb save. I wish our fans would stop slagging him off when a kick goes into touch - he’s aiming for the line, or close to it. Fine margins.
Bruno - 7
Dunk - 8 - MOTM for me
Duffy - 7.5
Bong - 7.5 - couple of poor passes but did some excellent stuff in the second half when we were under pressure, linking up well with Solly
Stephens - 7
Propper - 7
Knockaert - 7 - superb cross for Murray’s goal
Izquierdo - 6
Gross - 6.5
Murray - 7.5

Brown - 5 - who oh why didn’t he shoot instead of trying to square it ?
Solly - 6.5

CH - 8. Done a job on the opposition again. Loses a mark for his ridiculous touchline histrionics when we scored

Crowd - 9 - the two tiers seemed to get out of synch a bit at times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here