Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mi.ke Dean’s gestures to Albion fans yesterday

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He clearly loves his role as pantomime villain. In the pre match warm up he was doing some gentle running up the touch line with his two assistants. The Albion faithful were in full invective, and “Mi.ke Dean is a wanker, wanker” was being sung from the away end at volume.

Dean responded bizarrely by raising both arms to acknowledge the fans.

When he awarded a corner to Swansea in the first half which seemed as if should have been a goal kick, the chant started again.

This time he grabbed his crotch and smiled at us. Provocative and unprofessional. It wasn’t far removed from CKR’s behaviour which was deemed homophobic.

It’s as if he gets off on being loathed. If a player had done that no doubt the FA would have got involved but Dean gets away with it.

9c4f09e8215aac84cfc2b06f50d8f2db.jpg

To be fair to him most decisions were correct. He had the whole ground united towards the end when he yellow carded a Swansea player for dissent.

In injury time, clearly worried that the match hadn’t been controversial enough, Dean overruled his linesman who had given the Albion a goal kick. He presumably thought that if Swansea scored from it and equalised then his decision might get some discussion time on MOTD.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Oh, dear, can't believe that picture. As you say, totally unprofessional. Should be retired from football as he is clearly not impartial.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You can see why he is a PL ref at times as most of the time, he gets things right and will try and play advantage. But then goes head mental at least once a game - all, seemingly, in order to be the centre of attention. I am concerned that Michael Oliver seems to be heading that way as well. Such a shame as by and large, the refs this year have been a massive step up in quality from the Championship. But this CJTC needs relegating and soon because his ego rushes cost teams millions of pounds.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
The crotch incident is frankly bizarre and a little strange....

Is it because we are 'Brighton' fans?.....

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He clearly loves his role as pantomime villain. In the pre match warm up he was doing some gentle running up the touch line with his two assistants. The Albion faithful were in full invective, and “Mi.ke Dean is a wanker, wanker” was being sung from the away end at volume.

When he awarded a corner to Swansea in the first half which seemed as if should have been a goal kick, the chant started again.

This time he grabbed his crotch and smiled at us. Provocative and unprofessional.

It’s as if he gets off on being loathed. If a player had done that no doubt the FA would have got involved but Dean gets away with it.

9c4f09e8215aac84cfc2b06f50d8f2db.jpg

To be fair to him most decisions were correct. He had the whole ground united towards the end when he yellow carded a Swansea player for dissent.

In injury time, clearly worried that the match hadn’t been controversial enough, Dean overruled his linesman who had given the Albion a goal kick. He presumably thought that if Swansea scored from it and equalised then his decision might get some discussion time on MOTD.

All of that, noticed it too. Fair play to him for being a bit of a showman, but if that’s what he wants to be he should be a mascot, not a ref. Unprofessional.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
The thing that riled me more after he raised both hands with his back to us as ran away with his assistants was that he high fived his assistant in that "look at me, they hate me and I don't care". How the hell he overuled his assistant who had a far better view when he gave a corner I'll never know. I wish him nothing but bad luck.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

This time he grabbed his crotch and smiled at us. Provocative and unprofessional. It wasn’t far removed from CKR’s behaviour which was deemed homophobic.

So basically our chanting nearly cost us 2 points!

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Always amuses me how we fans think its OK to abuse a player or ref and then we are outraged when they react. 3000 fans chanting at Dean that he is a wanker and he responds with a bit of humour - so what? The consensus is that he refereed the game fairly, so perhaps he is professional enough to respond to a bit of 'banter' (read 'abuse', imagine the outrage on this board if 3000 away fans were chanting homophobic 'banter' at the Amex) and do his job.

Good for him

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He way he high fived his assistants after the warm up incident shows he knew exactly what he was doing running towards us pretending it was part of the warm up to wind us up.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Somehow this tackle from behind off the ground and into Murray’s ankle was only deemed a yellow by Dean

f4ca5c6596866e1760cf582f03bf715b.jpg

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
He way he high fived his assistants after the warm up incident shows he knew exactly what he was doing running towards us pretending it was part of the warm up to wind us up.

This. I feel he knew the abuse he was going to get when he came out. Rather than warm up at the Swansea end he fronted up with the Albion fans pre match to get it over with. Hands in the air to acknowledge us and high (low) fives his assistants to say 'told you so, that's got it over with'.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Somehow this tackle from behind off the ground and into Murray’s ankle was only deemed a yellow by Dean

f4ca5c6596866e1760cf582f03bf715b.jpg

Oh come on, you know he judges the injury not the challenge. Also FFS failed to knock the yellow card out of his hand. Dean has an ego the size of a planet and is a prize weapon. He should be nowhere near top flight refereeing.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Completely unprofessional. Surely a disrepute charge. Inciting fans, if it was a player doing it...........

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Such a shame as by and large, the refs this year have been a massive step up in quality from the Championship

Last season, of the 20 PL refs, something like 75% of them regularly reffed Championship games.

It's a myth that the quality is better up here because they're mostly the same people.

It is baffling why they seem so much better this season though.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Last season, of the 20 PL refs, something like 75% of them regularly reffed Championship games.

It's a myth that the quality is better up here because they're mostly the same people.

It is baffling why they seem so much better this season though.

But it isn't a myth though, is it? There was a panel of Championship refs that, by and large, did most of the Championship games.

A quick check shows we had Keith Stroud x 4, Jeremy Simpson x 2, Geoff Eltringham x 3, Jeremy Simpson x 2, Darren Bond x 3, Andy Madley x 3, Tony Harrington, Paul Tierney, Oliver Langford x 4, Tim Robinson x 2, Hoops x 4 and a fair few others. Of these, Tierney has had 3 PL games this season and Hoops has had none. We had a few PL refs but rarely the top ones.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
If Scott McGleish had done that when he was playing that could have incited something happening - after the infamous Leyton Orient match.

The complete and utter shyster redeemed himself by 1% with a fair refereeing match although that challenge highlighted could have been a red. Still a cock though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here