Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How long before Hughton is poached?

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Lots of plaudits from Gary Lineker tonight, asking - are you undervalued?

How long before someone comes knocking? - Lets hope not.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Everton should definitely be taking a look at him, not sure his style would be appreciate at West Ham so we are safe there. Hopefully he’ll be with us for at least another couple of seasons!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He has teflon on his shoulders at present and held with esteem by the club owner, if we were relegated he would not be dismissed.

Cool hand Luke and he knows this but not milking the situation.

Poyet thought he knew better and now look where he is, I really would be very surprised if Chris left us given the current situation it is not as if he is looking for it, every time a vacancy came up that was attractive off Gus would go gobbing off to the press and all "One day maybe I like that job"..........

larus

He’s not undervalued by TB I would guess.

You’d like to think he knows he has a great chairman who’s backing him. He has excellent training facilities and a club with a very good infrastructure to enable us to compete at this level. I expect the club are lining up some strikers as targets for Jan.

He will know there’s no guarantees in football management, but he will have seen that TB is not a knee-jerk, fire-‘em quick chairman.

So no, I don’t feel as though he will leave even if he gets targeted by an ‘established’ team (who will all be below us anyway :lol: ).

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
He has teflon on his shoulders at present and held with esteem by the club owner, if we were relegated he would not be dismissed.

Cool hand Luke and he knows this but not milking the situation.

Poyet thought he knew better and now look where he is, I really would be very surprised if Chris left us given the current situation.

I am worried about West Ham. I hope I am wrong.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looking up, the teams above us are only interested in Foreign Managers or rusty daleks. He has nowhere to go unless Spurs loss Potty and decide they want him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am worried about West Ham. I hope I am wrong.

I wouldn't, really cannot see that happening.

He has been badly treated by Newcastle and Norwich and with us huge respect, loads of love and affection and also exceeding all expectation so far - why would you want to walk away from that ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I hope you're right Mr Hut. :)

Hopefully, obviously I do not sit on meetings with Chris and Tony but I just cannot see it.

He has stability here, magnificent facilities that really are superb, a budget to spend on players and fans that literally are totally besotted with the whole Premier League journey which so far is going to textbook.

Seagull Saz

Aug 18, 2013
I reckon Chris is living the dream! What more could he possibly want than what he has at Brighton?! I can't imagine there is much that would tempt him away from all he has built here. Someone said elsewhere that Chris's daughter said she envisages him building a real dynasty at our great club. Albion''s Ferguson or Wenger type figure?! Let's hope! There is no manager in the world I would rather have with us!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I reckon Chris is living the dream! What more could he possibly want than what he has at Brighton?! I can't imagine there is much that would tempt him away from all he has built here. Someone said elsewhere that Chris's daughter said she envisages him building a real dynasty at our great club. Albion''s Ferguson or Wenger type figure?! Let's hope! There is no manager in the world I would rather have with us!

Which was everything Poyet had and totally blew - prat and that is putting it mildly

Mark Mywords

Jun 21, 2016
The club I am worried about is CP2018FC. Massive club, completely debt free, billionaire American investors, state of the art stadium, I mean who wouldn't be tempted?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think just as importantly, he has a chairman that he gets on very well with. When we lost out to Sheff Weds in the play-off semis a few seasons back, the board had a meeting practically the following day in which they offered Hughton a brand new contract and asked him to tell them what he needed to push us over the line the following season. When Calderwood left for Villa, we brought in Trollope straight away and that was 100% a Hughton decision too. The club gives the manager all the tools he needs to do his job and trust him implicitly. That's what you call backing a manager and it's a model that a lot of other clubs have now cited as the blueprint for how things should be done.

As others have said, Chris H has been badly let down in the past by chairmen who either eye more media-savvy bigger-name managers or are less patient. We have Tony Bloom and Paul Barber. He's onto such a good thing here that it would need to be something special to tempt him from us. Fortunately (for us), it would appear that British managers like Chris have a glass ceiling when it comes to the very top jobs in English football. I reckon he's here to stay.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here