Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How long before Hughton is poached?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Listening to his interview with Lineker, I noticed he spoke in the third person by saying that Brighton had good momentum for the second half of the season, not we. Watch it again and notice how he talks about us. I reckon he could already be on the move.

I have. There were four questions asked by Lineker - he referred to 'I' or 'my' or 'me' six times (all in the question about him), and 'we' or 'us' a further nine times.

He finished off with 'I hope that our start this season at Brighton can lead on to a good momentum for this football club...'. If you think that's him talking himself into another job...

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I have. There were four questions asked by Lineker - he referred to 'I' or 'my' or 'me' six times (all in the question about him), and 'we' or 'us' a further nine times.

He finished off with 'I hope that our start this season at Brighton can lead on to a good momentum for this football club...'. If you think that's him talking himself into another job...

Well, we won't have to wait long will we?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I can't really see any club outside the top 6 that would appeal to him at the moment, and the top 6 won't want him because a). he's never won a major trophy, b). he's British, c). he's British, d). he's British, e). ...............

We are not part of Great Britain.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Listening to his interview with Lineker, I noticed he spoke in the third person by saying that Brighton had good momentum for the second half of the season, not we. Watch it again and notice how he talks about us. I reckon he could already be on the move.

No chance

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
He's good enough to take us into Europe. If Leicester can win the premier league then we can qualify for the Europa League(maybe i'm getting ahead of myself). IF we're looking comfortable come January/February time we should have a real go at winning the FA Cup. Hope Hughton stays at the Amex for many years to come. He oozes ability and class:albion2:

San Siro

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I'm worried because Montella is struggling at AC Milan and I know a teacher of Italian who Hughton has been in contact with.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
No one is mentioning money, it can sway any of us if its the right amount. Big attendances, training grounds etc, we're not the only ones with these facilities.

I am not so sure i agree. Money would sway most of us however when you are rich enough there is a point where you want to just be successful in what you do and maybe build a legacy at a club. I'd rather go down in a clubs history than get paid more. I don't think Chris is the money chasing type.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
After speculation of Everton being interested in Diego Simeone (never going to happen), and turning this thread on its head...

If Chris did get poached at the end of the season after securing us with a top half finish, who would people want to come in and build upon his achievements?

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
After speculation of Everton being interested in Diego Simone (never going to happen), and turning this thread on its head...

If Chris did get poached at the end of the season after securing us with a top half finish, who would people want to come in and build upon his achievements?

Diego Simeone.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I am not so sure i agree. Money would sway most of us however when you are rich enough there is a point where you want to just be successful in what you do and maybe build a legacy at a club. I'd rather go down in a clubs history than get paid more. I don't think Chris is the money chasing type.

I would generally agree with you, my quote was with regard to the poster who suggested training ground etc as a reason to stay. As with Dyche at Burnley who was linked with Everton at one stage, the only reason to switch would be money as they have nothing more than he has at Burnley and their history is just that, history.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
After speculation of Everton being interested in Diego Simeone (never going to happen), and turning this thread on its head...

Pardew, followed by Dowie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here