Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How long before Hughton is poached?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I know him.
He ain’t going anywhere

I don't think anyone truly knows CH..

My thoughts on this speculation are that I am so pleased to see his ''stock'' rise the way it has recently but everyone on here knows, like I do and like he does that several defeats would see that drop. He knows he has to keep picking up points for to maintain that.

There will be lots of clubs taking notice at the moment for sure - All the things people mention are true as well but no one knows the future. The telling thing for me was the way he was supported when he insisted he needed to keep Dale Stephens and Lewis Dunk if the Club wanted to get Promoted.

The Chairman obviously backed him in that but what happens in the future because when you look at the players Brighton have now. These situations will happen again.

Money does not drive CH. Success on the pitch drives him and for success on the pitch you need to keep the best players. The more the Pundits rave about Dunk and Duffy and Propper and Gross and Stephens. That will bring on offers in the coming Transfer Windows. Then you are again competing with individuals ambitions v Club Ambitions.

I think issues like this are more likely to determine the CH fate as opposed to who would go for him and who wouldn't because I have a feeling many clubs would but they have never been given the ''green light'' by him or the Club to do so. That's why you never see him as the Bookies Favourites for jobs when they come up.

I think he is safe at Brighton for now but I know absolutely nothing on it. These are just views looking in from the outside but it is daft to speculate and I think you cross bridges like this if and only if they present themselves.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
In reality if he gets a big chance he will take it, he is an ambitious man and will not plan to fail. And even if the big plan goes wrong he will get plenty of offers from championship contenders. No way he will take a “sideways” move though.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
WIthout playing devils advocate, his age and race make him much less likely to be poached if history is anything to go by. These things shouldn’t matter, but he’s 58 (I think) so he barely ticks the young gun manager type, and top clubs historically don’t appoint ethnic minority managers. Maybe I’m wrong, and they’ll all be after him, but I’m not so sure.

Even then, like man you others have said, I reckon he’ll appreciate just how good he has it here. A good chairman, a good but improving squad, phenomenal facilities and a beautiful setting to manage a football team. Aside from big money or a big 6 offer, why would he want to leave?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No chance he will get poached, he's ours as long as want him and I don't seem him leaving any time soon. He wouldn't quit to join a basket case, he knows what a dream job he has here.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He knows what it's like to be shat upon, and while he would never publicly complain about it, he's also wise, diplomatic and professional enough to not do the same to a club which - in his own words - has so strongly supported him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My point is that after a couple of seasons and making us a midtable accepted Premier team he may want another challenge and being financially settled the wage offered wouldnt be as important as the challange offered

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
My point is that after a couple of seasons and making us a midtable accepted Premier team he may want another challenge and being financially settled the wage offered wouldnt be as important as the challange offered

Does your arse ever get jealous of the shit that constantly pours through your mouth/fingers?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

So, please, tell NSC, where would be more attractive outside the top six?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here