Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Muzza's Goal

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
We were in row g of north lower and it seemed an age before anyone even knew we scored. Was all abit surreal, took the upper stand to react to realise it had actually gone in....for me anyway :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was a great finish and instinctive. Anyone who thinks it was lucky or not deliberate is quite frankly wrong and never played the game!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
That doppy defender Fernandes was lucky to be on the pitch. Disgusting flying airborne challenge from behind on Murray, went straight through him. A completely mandatory red all day long, it was a FILTHY challenge. But as we know too well, Dean plays to his own rules.

Wait till you see it on MOTD. Unbelievable how he escaped with a yellow. It looked horrific live, it looked worse on the replays.

Dean once again did his best to scupper us. Absolute clear red for Fernandes and overruling the lino's offside call to award Swansea a corner in the last minute was farcical.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Sorry posted on the wrong thread (match day one) son thinks it was lucky but I disagreed and thought that he took it well after the ball bounced up. What is the general opinion as to who saw it right right.

Murray looks like he's going to bend and head it, then changes his mind and it just bounces off him. Keeper expects him to put it the other side, so is wrong footed. All down to Knocky's dangerous cross.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Their goalkeeper stayed on his line he should have taken the ball or punched it away.
Looking at where Murray met the ball, it looks like the keeper should have got to it, but that was a nasty cross and until the end it looked like it should be met by striker/defender outside the 6 yard box. Keeper could have been better positioned to go for it, but once Knocky hit it he was a bit stuck.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry posted on the wrong thread (match day one) son thinks it was lucky but I disagreed and thought that he took it well after the ball bounced up.
What do you mean 'after the ball bounced up'? It didn't bounce.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that it went past the defender and then bounced and GM knockd it in. I didnt think that he hit it on the volley but I could be mixed up as I was watching it on a stream that kept buffering.

D

Deleted member 2719

@MouldyBoots is correct about shite Murray. Any decent striker would have used their feet or head.

Keep it coming weststander, the defender left it and the job of any striker is to sniff out opportunity and be in the right place when they appear, Murray was there and i have no doubt Tomer would have been also, yet another cracking ball put in by Knockaert. As much as the stats show 4 goals for Murray 3 were delivered by pinpoint crosses with pace and the other a pen, what more could any striker ask for.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We were in row F and had much the same experience.
It was one of the most delayed reaction goal celebrations I have ever seen watching The Albion. Most of us didn't realise we had scored and Mike Dean actually allowed it to stand.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He was in the right place. It crossed the line. What more do you want?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Keep it coming weststander, the defender left it and the job of any striker is to sniff out opportunity and be in the right place when they appear, Murray was there and i have no doubt Tomer would have been also, yet another cracking ball put in by Knockaert. As much as the stats show 4 goals for Murray 3 were delivered by pinpoint crosses with pace and the other a pen, what more could any striker ask for.

Muzza has commented, has he not, on the quality of our wing play potential. If a stroker gets the service, he has more chance of scoring. 4 goals in 3 games?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Lucky goal. A £100 million striker would have trapped it with his left, screwed it back, taken on the defender again, tapped it to his right and nutmeged the keeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here