Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The best footballers never to make it to the top flight?

Follow That Seagull

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere in Sussex
Been playing FIFA 18 and my goalkeeper has requested his transfer.

Each time the manager has turned him down, to which it got me thinking.

Who are the greatest footballers never to have played in any top flight league? Wether that be from 30-40 years ago to the modern game. I'd like you hear your take on this.

Thanks. UTA!!! :albion2:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I was going to say Steve Bull, however I have just read that he came on as a sub whilst at WBA at the very beginning of his career

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Jimmy Quinn.

Former Bradford, West Ham, Bournemouth, Reading and Northern Ireland striker. His scoring record was quite phenomenal.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
One of our former managers, young man - Mr Brian Clough OBE.

I remember a quiz question from years ago in "Charles Buchans Football monthly" to name a player who was an England international, scored over 250 league goals but the last goal he scored was the only one he scored in the first division on his only appearance in the first division. Not sure how true it was but strange how i still remember it. Just done a quick search and cannot find any confirmation but must have been for Sunderland if true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Was reading Maidstone Utd report and the name Zavon Hines came up.West Ham trainee,England U21,dreadful luck with injuries.Seems to be enjoying himself now,hope it lasts.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Robin Friday.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yup. The alleged Lawrenson kit bag 'incident' is a fantastic story - Not sure if it's true or not though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here