Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton U23 v Hull U23 Premier League Cup 7 PM Amex Elite Football Performance Centre

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The U23s are in action again tonight v Hull in their 2nd game in the Cup , it will be interesting to see if Baldock plays tonight , if he does not play tonight then he may make his 1st apperence in the matchday squad this season , so would Murray or Hemed miss out all together , surely not , a nice headache for the manager to have , going from 1 fit striker to 3 , i think we might see him tonight , one game in the U23s then straight back into business seems a bit to quick but you never know , hopefully looking forward to seeing Connoly tonight, with the FA Cup on the horizon i reckon he is going to be knocking on the door of the 1st team squad before long , he just looks like a complete nightmare to handle and not only that he's skillful and powerful for his age .

Brighton won their 1st PL2 cup group game 0-5 v Sunderland

2017/18 Premier League Cup Groups
Group A: Birmingham City, Derby County, Nottingham Forest, Middlesbrough
Group B: Blackburn Rovers, Cardiff City, Southampton, Watford
Group C: AFC Bournemouth, Bury, Norwich City, Wolverhampton Wanderers
Group D: Burnley, Colchester United, Newcastle United, Swansea City
Group E: Aston Villa, Ipswich Town, Sheffield United, West Bromwich Albion
Group F: Barnsley, Everton, Leicester City, Portsmouth
Group G: Bristol City, Charlton Athletic, Liverpool, Stoke City
***Group H: Brighton & Hove Albion, Exeter City, Hull City, Sunderland ***

From 2016/17 the Premier League Cup replaced the Under-21 Premier League Cup, which was introduced in 2013/14 to enhance the competitiveness of the Professional Development Phase calendar with knockout football alongside the regular league campaign.

The new competition is in the UEFA Champions League style with 32 clubs in the main group stage, replacing the straight knockout in the U21 Premier League Cup. Like Premier League 2, it will be contested between Under-23 teams, with each side allowed three over-age outfield players and a goalkeeper born before 1 January 1994. The format is as follows:

Qualifying stage With more than 32 clubs enterting the 2017/18 competition, a qualifying knock-out stage took place between Category 3 and 4 clubs to determine who joins Category 1 and 2 sides in the Group stage
Group stage The tournament will be split into eight groups of four clubs, with each team playing their opposing clubs home and away. The top two teams advance to the knockout stage.
Knockout stage The last 16, quarter-finals, semi-finals and final will all be one-off knockout ties. If the ties are level after 90 minutes, they go to extra-time and then penalties if the teams still can't be separated.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I only live around the corner, so when I get home later this month I'd like to catch a few games at the training ground. I know it's probably been asked before, but do you just turn up with your ST? Can my nipper get in for free without a ticket? (He's only 17 months old).
Be good to get a look at the young uns we have coming through.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Any news if they will televise this ojn seagulls player, I am away in France so would love to catch it. Really fantastic win against Southampton away - watched the hightlights last night and the Connolly goal was superb, he just keeps getting better and better.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/SeagullsTV/video-archive/

Nope not a clue as yet , the match centre just says buy tickets at the moment , even if it did say live audio / tv / i would'nt bank on any coverage apart from the text updates .

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I only live around the corner, so when I get home later this month I'd like to catch a few games at the training ground. I know it's probably been asked before, but do you just turn up with your ST? Can my nipper get in for free without a ticket? (He's only 17 months old).
Be good to get a look at the young uns we have coming through.

You have to get a print at home ticket from the ticket site

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Are Hull in the League below?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Goalkeeper Tom McGill makes his first start of the season between the posts; Aaron Connolly starts. There is a welcome return on the bench for Jordan Davies who has been out with injury since August:-

[TWEET]926509374494920704[/TWEET]

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I wonder what's happened to that lad from Burgess Hill that signed for Hull? Is he too old, or involved with the first team?

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I wonder what's happened to that lad from Burgess Hill that signed for Hull? Is he too old, or involved with the first team?

Greg Luer - signed a new deal with them in May. He's appeared in 8 of their 11 U-23 matches this season.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Greg Luer, he played for the Hull U23s in their 4-2 win over Birmingham on Monday. Not playing tonight, I think Hulls first team have a few injury problems so he might be back in contention for the first team tomorrow. Only played once for the first team, in the EFL Cup defeat to Doncaster back in August. Had a couple of league games straight after the Doncaster game where he was anon playing sub.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here