Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Minor annoyances

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Needing a poo just after getting out of the bath in the morning.

Palace scoring in the seventh minute of injury time and their fans celebrating like they've won the Premier League.

Vaginal dryness.

Flyers for Christmas.

Cars hooting.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
When going to the self scan part of a supermarket, then putting your bag in the bagging area before starting to scan, only for the machine to say....
"Unidentified item in the bagging area"

Yes it's a f**king bag you stupid machine

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
When you purchase say, a couple of drinks at The Amex and it comes to £11.10.

You proffer £21.10 in legal tender, dribbling in anticipation of a crisp, plastic Ayrton.

"Sorry, no notes" so get a pocketful of shrapnel in the form of 10 x £1 coins.

Barber OUT.

Not being able to get all the digital clocks in the kitchen (2 x ovens, microwave, phone and scales) to click over at the same time when you adjust them to/from BST.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Car drivers hooting at any hour, when collecting.

Rude people failing to use please and thank you (or equivalents) to retail staff.

Drivers not thanking you for pulling over to let them pass.

Opposition teams taking ages on throw ins (Warnock teams spring to mind).

Hitler-esque referees making games all about them.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
When you purchase say, a couple of drinks at The Amex and it comes to £11.10.

You proffer £21.10 in legal tender, dribbling in anticipation of a crisp, plastic Ayrton.

"Sorry, no notes" so get a pocketful of shrapnel in the form of 10 x £1 coins.

Barber OUT.

And some of those pound coins are not legal now fffsake!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not being able to get all the digital clocks in the kitchen (2 x ovens, microwave, phone and scales) to click over at the same time when you adjust them to/from BST.

You have a clock on your kitchen scales? Pray tell - why?

On topic: people who say “pray tell”.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Lazy people who can't be bothered to put shopping trolleys into designated bays but leave them anywhere in the car park to either block spaces or to move about in the wind so they hit parked cars

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Goalkeepers in different kits to their team mates.

Bring back green shirts and matching kit to the outfield players.

MatRy1.gif

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
People who have 'No turning here' signs on their drives, which instinctively makes me turn even if I wasn't planning to, which then makes me go in the wrong direction so turn in their neighbours drive as well................That'll teach em

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Things that cost £X.99p. Just round it up to the nearest quid and be done with it. A wallet full of change is heavy. Especially when it never adds up to enough for a parking meter so you end up over paying because it doesn't give change.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Following on. Getting to a car park and it costs 80p per hour. You have 80p in change but 20p is useless as it doesn't accept anything under a 5p coin.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Supermarket cashiers who either decide to load the bags for me - unaware that I am better than them at it, or that I wouldn't leave a supermarket with a newspaper at the bottom of a full bag - or provide a bag after all items have been whizzed through at a lightning pace, leaving me to seem a dawdler if I expertly pack, causing me to become a flinger and a shover to deflect the hateful stares from the next person in the queue.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Supermarket cashiers who either decide to load the bags for me - unaware that I am better than them at it, or that I wouldn't leave a supermarket with a newspaper at the bottom of a full bag - or provide a bag after all items have been whizzed through at a lightning pace, leaving me to seem a dawdler if I expertly pack, causing me to become a flinger and a shover to deflect the hateful stares from the next person in the queue.

"Thanks for packing my bag but I wouldn't personally have put fresh tomatoes, soft cheese and a bag of crisps UNDERNEATH 8 cans of lager and a bottle of wine. You ****."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here