Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Minor annoyances

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Trailers for TV programmes too far ahead to set to record.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
Well I want pumps like they have in America and we used to have here when it was attendant service - where you just latch the squeezy bit on the lever, allowing it to fill until it cuts out when full. Seems we are regarded as too stupid to understand these.in this country.

yes but what happens when the cut off fails or an accident occurs and the nozzle falls out of the car, the reason these were banned from use was because of the possible dangers of fuel spillages etc, and i have seen people using the old fashioned pumps like this and just walking away from the nozzle.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
These tend to be at the end of a long windy dead-end road where you have little option but to turn there.

Years ago, you could probably do a decent 3 point turn on the road at the end of a cul de sac with the cars of the day, now as the cars are larger, it's inevitable that you're going to make an incursion on someone's drive IMO

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
yes but what happens when the cut off fails or an accident occurs and the nozzle falls out of the car, the reason these were banned from use was because of the possible dangers of fuel spillages etc, and i have seen people using the old fashioned pumps like this and just walking away from the nozzle.

They weren't banned at all, they were just deemed too complicated for idiot joe public to operate. When the tanks full, the supply cuts out in just the same way as it does if youre standing there holding it. The advantage is precisely that you can walk away, check your oil, wash your windscreen or whatever, rather than having to stand there squeezing it like a moron for 3 minutes and getting hand cramp. Other countries' pumps have this feature, we seem unique in not having this.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
They weren't banned at all, they were just deemed too complicated for idiot joe public to operate. When the tanks full, the supply cuts out in just the same way as it does if youre standing there holding it. The advantage is precisely that you can walk away, check your oil, wash your windscreen or whatever, rather than having to stand there squeezing it like a moron for 3 minutes and getting hand cramp. Other countries' pumps have this feature, we seem unique in not having this.

And if someone (clearly not you) did not put the nozzle fully into the tank while they wandered off, it slipped out, and continued pumping petrol all over the forecourt while it is latched in the fully open position - that is better than having to spend a whole two minutes of your life filling your car safely? What a busy life you must lead that you can't find 2 minutes to check your oil / clean your windscreen at any other time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here