Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Important story on the Shoreham disaster today - *update, petition to stop Andy Hill flying*

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Instead of talking about sausage rolls NSC could ask why this tragedy has not had all the questions resolved.

How about "as well as" instead of "instead of", which is what is actually happening.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What I really do not understand is the need to hold an independent review. The AAIB know what happened and who is to blame for the accident, the whys and wherefores about why the plane was allowed to be there should by now be resolved.

The pilot acted alone in attempting his flying routine and he alone caused the accident by his misjudgement. Therefore criminal proceeding should have started on him. Further procedural issues as to why and if (at all) he has allowed to do his routine in the area over the A27 should result in further proceedings. If indeed he was given such permission it still doesn't exonerate any of the blame from him for endangering lives.

When aviation laws were originally passed they were solely to protect those on the ground and not those in flying machines. That premise exists still.

As an ex-licensed aircraft engineer I know if I f@@ked up I would soon have found myself being prosecuted it appears to be different for others.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I know what winds you up BUT you should shut the feck up on this thread

I will give you one response only, you telling me to shut up when you derail it to talk about something else is emphatically unforgivable beyond belief.

There is a serious side to this thread.

For respect for what the content of this thread is don't respond

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I will give you one response only, you telling me to shut up when you derail it to talk about something else is emphatically unforgivable beyond belief.

There is a serious side to this thread.

Don't respond

As I said shut the feck up - read the second post on this thread.
You are seriously embarrassed for dissing me on your gas hob thread.
I will continue to post :moo: for the rest of my life just to piss you off.
Get over it :moo:

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
What I really do not understand is the need to hold an independent review. The AAIB know what happened and who is to blame for the accident, the whys and wherefores about why the plane was allowed to be there should by now be resolved.

The pilot acted alone in attempting his flying routine and he alone caused the accident by his misjudgement. Therefore criminal proceeding should have started on him. Further procedural issues as to why and if (at all) he has allowed to do his routine in the area over the A27 should result in further proceedings. If indeed he was given such permission it still doesn't exonerate any of the blame from him for endangering lives.

When aviation laws were originally passed they were solely to protect those on the ground and not those in flying machines. That premise exists still.

As an ex-licensed aircraft engineer I know if I f@@ked up I would soon have found myself being prosecuted it appears to be different for others.

Out of interest what do you think the point of a prosecution in this case is?

AFAIK there are three reasons for prosecuting someone.

1. Punishment. I would have thought being responsible for all those deaths on the pilot's conscience is punishment enough, 5 years in prison isn't going to make any difference.

2. Protecting the public from the defendent re offending. The pilot will never be allowed to fly again, so does not apply here.

3. Deterrent. I severely doubt any pilot will try to pull the same stunt ever again at an air show having seen what might happen.

So it feels like a criminal trial is pointless.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Very fair point. I think we probably all expect total hypocrisy from politicians these days, and he's not my political cup of tea.

But that said,surely our main priority is the families of the victims and overcoming the inertia that has set in, not to mention the unfairness of the legal representation situation.

So if he gets to grandstand in the Commons but some good comes out of it and it moves the issue up the agenda, I'll take it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So if he gets to grandstand in the Commons but some good comes out of it and it moves the issue up the agenda, I'll take it.

I agree. That video of him cheer-leading for Andrea Leadsom should be enough proof for anyone to see what sort of bloke he is but to be fair to him he deserves credit for the work he's done re. the Shoreham disaster.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I agree. That video of him cheer-leading for Andrea Leadsom should be enough proof for anyone to see what sort of bloke he is but to be fair to him he deserves credit for the work he's done re. the Shoreham disaster.

To be fair, I would expect nothing less given he is the elected MP in the area

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here