Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Nile Rodgers

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
He's already died, hasn't he, on the operating table.

A giant of music; no-one sustains a career of 40 years without being talented. Even if he is a one trick pony, it's not a bad one.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Superb producer & writer & fabulous guitarist. He invented that style & playing it well is far, far harder than million notes a second noodling

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
absolute genius and all round good egg. Song writer, producer, author and charity worker. Recovering addict and has beaten testicular cancer. The only downside is that his brother Don played for Palarse

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The backing all sounds the same though doesn’t it? Yes Chic were very good and the collaboration with Bowie was interesting but his style is stuck in a rut and yet continues to wow people. I don't get the adulation.

Can one of you impressed fans point me at something he's done that is markedly different to a Chic riff

You say stuck in a rut but I’d argue he has a recognisable and specific sound and style...which is the same with most individual greats.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Love the bloke. He's worked with my favourite artists of all time, and even when he pops up working with people I haven't been so into, I tend to like the stuff he collaborates on.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Absolutely blew me away at Glastonbury this year. Utterly superb. It had been a long week, my feet were killing me and quite frankly I was only still there as I had to catch a coach at 4am Monday morning, and then late sunday afternoon on comes NIles and totally gets me back in the game. Tune after tune, a relentless flow of feelgood classics that would have melted the iciest of souls. Top man.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Anyone else remember the Chic gig at the Brighton Centre in 1980? Some genius decided to make it an all-seater event and they kept turning the house lights on and telling everyone to sit down, as if. They finally gave up during the Sister Sledge medley and a fine evening was had by all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here