Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Parking Saturday

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Anyone know of any good parking places at The Liberty to ensure a quick getaway please? (It's the Wife's Birthday and she saw through my "Weekend away in a hotel in another country ruse" so I need to be back in Arundel for around 8.30 ish!)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone know of any good parking places at The Liberty to ensure a quick getaway please? (It's the Wife's Birthday and she saw through my "Weekend away in a hotel in another country ruse" so I need to be back in Arundel for around 8.30 ish!)

I started a thread about this a few days ago, no replies, so I guess not :shrug:

This might help though :

http://www.liberty-stadium.com/travel-home.php

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
I have also been looking into this and found this from a 2013 review: "I researched the journey beforehand and, despite most advice saying to exit the M4 at Jn 45, got off at Jn 44 and followed the A48 and A4217 - piece of cake. Car parking was easy - there's a very friendly place called the Landore Social Club in a service road right by the stadium, off Neath Road. Parking was £4, and entry to the club is 50p for non-members. Away fans were welcome. Getting away was very, very easy. The car park at the social club emptied in seconds. We went back out to Jn 44 M4 again; the route to Jn 45 was blocked as the police shut the A4067, presumably to let all coaches leave at the same time. We were on the M4 within ten minutes"

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I have also been looking into this and found this from a 2013 review: "I researched the journey beforehand and, despite most advice saying to exit the M4 at Jn 45, got off at Jn 44 and followed the A48 and A4217 - piece of cake. Car parking was easy - there's a very friendly place called the Landore Social Club in a service road right by the stadium, off Neath Road. Parking was £4, and entry to the club is 50p for non-members. Away fans were welcome. Getting away was very, very easy. The car park at the social club emptied in seconds. We went back out to Jn 44 M4 again; the route to Jn 45 was blocked as the police shut the A4067, presumably to let all coaches leave at the same time. We were on the M4 within ten minutes"

Superstar, thank you!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

You'll be hardly out of Wales by 7pm boyo.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Swansea to Arundel in 3.5 hours after a game does sound a tad ambitious...

Don't tell the wife to get TOO done-up. I reckon you'll be grabbing a bunch of lillies and an Uncle Sams on the way home.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Swansea to Arundel in 3.5 hours after a game does sound a tad ambitious...

Don't tell the wife to get TOO done-up. I reckon you'll be grabbing a bunch of lillies and an Uncle Sams on the way home.

Go for daffs..... 2 a penny in Wales

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm thinking this isn't going to end well. So, 4.50 finish, 5.20 at car, Google Maps says 4 hours, so that's 9.20.

Oh my, this is going to cost me dearly!

She's off trekking in Cambodia on Saturday week for Chestnut Tree House Children's Hospice so maybe I'll check with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and see if I can put her sponsorship link on here and try and make up for it that way? (*Well worked in there Tim)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
can I recommend anyone wanting to break up the journey, stay away the Saturday night at Bowood House, Calne. It's a fabulous hotel and golf course etc...but to treat your lady, there is a lovely restaurant and superb spa and pool

100% recommended.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Last time I went to Swansea it was on the team coach as a guest of Ken Craggs and they played at the Vetch field. How times change we left Brighton at about 12 noon for an evening game the players had rooms, I think it was Holiday Inn to relax and we played the game in the evening. While getting changed after the game Jock the kit man went in the coach to a local chippie to get us all fish and chips to eat on the way home. Could you imagine that happening now.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

Park in Cardiff. You'll be closer to home when you get back to your car.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah I get to trot out my Vetch Field anecdote one more time.

We arrived so late, on hot day so gonna say it was the first game of the season.
I said 'there's no point all of us missing most of the first half, I'll drop you off outside the away end, park, and then find you on the terrace'.

There was one parking space right outside the away end, I assume an emergency vehicle was parked at the turnstile and had moved away.

Getting out of my car, I pivoted on my right foot, placing my left at the turnstile, inside the ground.

Short of actually driving into the ground, in one of these:-

_68436167_ac_invacar2.jpg
(one for the kids)

It's not possible to get any closer to a ground.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
slightly off topic but similar tight time-frames for us - does anyone who's been before think that we should be able to get from the ground to the train station for a 5.29 train on foot?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

FWIW Google maps says 3hr 33mins quickest. So unless you are one that leaves early you are going to be pushing it although a lot of dual carriage way and motorway to enable you to put your foot down. Good luck

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here