Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Norwich City Accounts: Why Pritchard chose them instead of the Albion?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Was it a more realistic chance of going up? Where they much better than us at the time?

At the time I'd say undoubtedly. On paper we were perennial play-off losers in a league that gets tougher every year. I think if you'd asked any neutral at the beginning of last season who was more likely to go up, I reckon most would have said Norwich.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He's been injured since July and not expected back until the New Year, so on one else has seen him play either to be fair.

That's a real shame.

:lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At the time I'd say undoubtedly. On paper we were perennial play-off losers in a league that gets tougher every year. I think if you'd asked any neutral at the beginning of last season who was more likely to go up, I reckon most would have said Norwich.

Agree with that. Away from our bias, clubs with huge parachute monies coming dson (unless they're chronically sick like Sunderland), appear to have the odds in their favour, plus Norwich had a record of bouncing back up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agree with that. Away from our bias, clubs with huge parachute monies coming dson (unless they're chronically sick like Sunderland), appear to have the odds in their favour, plus Norwich had a record of bouncing back up.

TBH I don't think there was a bias, certainly not on here.
If I remember rightly we started August staring down the barrel of another play-off season hoping/terrified of getting to Wembley.

I really can't remember but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we placed Norwich higher than the Albion.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Of course, we don’t know for sure whether he would have got promotion if he had come to us. He might have upset the balance of the team, he might have been preferred to Baldock in games where Baldock scored key goals, he might have been a bad influence in the dressing room. All that matters is that we went up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of course, we don’t know for sure whether he would have got promotion if he had come to us. He might have upset the balance of the team, he might have been preferred to Baldock in games where Baldock scored key goals, he might have been a bad influence in the dressing room. All that matters is that we went up.

We might have gone up as Champions.

Stumpy Tim

Gross' wages aren't lower than Pritchard's, are they? What we see with our eyes tells us that they can't be but, then again, they might be. If they're not, I'd suggest Barber ought to use this thread as an opportunity to offer him a wage hike.

Hard to say obviously, but I am going to take a guess and say that if we had signed Pritchard and got to the Prem, Pritchard would be on more money than Gross is now. He would have negotiated a hefty promotion increase.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hard to say obviously, but I am going to take a guess and say that if we had signed Pritchard and got to the Prem, Pritchard would be on more money than Gross is now. He would have negotiated a hefty promotion increase.

As I'm sure he got with Norwich :laugh:

Last edited:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I sort of agree

Pritchard doesn't strike me as someone who can tell the difference between a set of ''Accounts'' and a restaurant ''Menu''

Well he certainly doesn't know what size tshirts he should be wearing

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Absolute classic for admirers of BensGrandad here:

1. BG says something demonstrably incorrect:
I dont know but wouldnt think that their average wage is much higher if it is, than ours . No doubt somebody will give more details.

2.This is pointed out to him along with the fact that the correct information was clearly stated earlier in the thread - something he has clearly not noticed.
Did you not read the OP BG ?

3. BG claims to have read the full thread, contradicts himself, claims that what he had previously written was not what he meant, introduces some entirely superfluous verbiage, implies that he was right all along, goes off on a tangent
Yes I did and noticed that the average wage was considerably lower but then (a) he wouldnt have been offered an average wage, (b) it has been suggested on here that we had players on well over that figure (c) it would have only been short term as I am sure the avaerage is now higher.

The average obviously can be brought down if we have a number of young players on a low wage. At one of our first games at The Amex a chap was on the train from Lewes saying he was Lewis Dunks uncle nd swore that he was on less than £1000 a week in fact he said £850, He obviously isnt now but I wonder if we do actually pay young players a low wage to keep their feet on the ground.

Bravo BG - an genuine masterclass!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Absolute classic for admirers of BensGrandad here:

1. BG says something demonstrably incorrect:

2.This is pointed out to him along with the fact that the correct information was clearly stated earlier in the thread - something he has clearly not noticed.

3. BG claims to have read the full thread, contradicts himself, claims that what he had previously written was not what he meant, introduces some entirely superfluous verbiage, implies that he was right all along, goes off on a tangent

Bravo BG - an genuine masterclass!

None of us are perfect.

We all make contradictory or less than accurate statements in our lives at some point or other. I understood the points he was trying to make. The guy aint perfect but behind some of the argumentative statements and guff posts he makes sometimes, there is a serious well thought out and balanced set of views behind his posts.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Back playing again - came off the bench as Norwich went down 3-1 to Cardiff.

Norwich are now in 15th place, 8 points from the play-offs and with a goal difference that only the bottom 4 can boast worse than.

Not sure he'll be realising his Premier League dream with Norwich any time soon.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
A reminder that we got Pascal Gross for less than half of what we wanted to spunk on Pritchard.

At the time I was gutted we missed out, with hindsight...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Back playing again - came off the bench as Norwich went down 3-1 to Cardiff.

Norwich are now in 15th place, 8 points from the play-offs and with a goal difference that only the bottom 4 can boast worse than.

Not sure he'll be realising his Premier League dream with Norwich any time soon.

Good.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Probably have to move him on in the summer due to his big wages

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh I don't know. I think I could be quite content with living in Norwich if I was on his wages!

You live in Gloucester though :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here