Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Norwich City Accounts: Why Pritchard chose them instead of the Albion?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ed Balls ...

"We've reduced our salary bill a lot. We're trying to be lean, efficient and as good as we can,"
"The consequence of relegation from the Premier League and the ending of the parachute payments means that we face big financial challenges if we don't get promoted this season."
"We're a self-financing club, without a big overseas owner injecting loads and loads of money,"
"But we've done it before - we've got some really quality players coming through, we have an academy which can throw up great talent and we've been cutting our cloth over the last year."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42181728

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ed Balls ...

"We've reduced our salary bill a lot. We're trying to be lean, efficient and as good as we can,"
"The consequence of relegation from the Premier League and the ending of the parachute payments means that we face big financial challenges if we don't get promoted this season."
"We're a self-financing club, without a big overseas owner injecting loads and loads of money,"
"But we've done it before - we've got some really quality players coming through, we have an academy which can throw up great talent and we've been cutting our cloth over the last year."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42181728

Some idiot interviewed in the EDP, which probably means the journalist involved was Tommy Robinson.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/business/record-wage-bill-reliance-on-premier-league-tv-money-and-23m-to-pay-in-promotion-bonuses-what-accounts-reveal-about-norwich-city-1-5261729

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
As Norwich's parachute money ends eventually, with a promotion unlikely in a hellish league to exit, I expect Pritchard to leave sooner rather than later.

If we manage to stay up, is he someone that could add to our squad and play well in the PL?

(I don't have Sky Sports, so I haven't watched him play).
Norwich will struggle to get him off their wage bill.

He's a player that has had one good season in the Championship for Brentford, shows occasional flashes of talent, but spends a fair amount of time injured.

I'm really pleased we didn't sign him, and wouldn't want him again. Going back on an agreement to sign for us, and then changing his mind to come because it then suits him would tell you a bit about his character. We don't need players like him in our squad.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I believe Spurs played a blinder with Pritchard. He falls squarely in the 'big talent, big risk' bracket and while he could still realise his potential, shrug off the presistent injuries and operate in the top flight, he could also become a liability signing with huge costs and a realisation he's merely a half decent Championship player and nothing deserving of a future England/Premier star. And then there's the injuries......he always looks fragile and Im sure opposition defenders are always keen to exploit that. I was staggered at the time Norwich, even with parachute cash, were prepared to toss so much cash to secure his services.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Oh I don't know. I think I could be quite content with living in Norwich if I was on his wages!

I think Norwich is one of the nicest cities in the UK. Their football fans are however, a wee but deluded about their stature within English Football though and some of their Directors at the Club are a bit up their own backside

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think Norwich is one of the nicest cities in the UK. Their football fans are however, a wee but deluded about their stature within English Football though and some of their Directors at the Club are a bit up their own backside

Agree, lovely place. Also agree re. their fans, but that's what a few seasons in the PL will do to you I guess. Let's hope we remain grounded.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think Norwich is one of the nicest cities in the UK. Their football fans are however, a wee but deluded about their stature within English Football though and some of their Directors at the Club are a bit up their own backside.
For £20 or £30K a week, I could quite happily put up with that too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here