Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstone1976 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Extrapolating from the number of my Albion friends who claim to have been there, I reckon there were at least 14k in attendance (I wasn’t one of them)! Rather similar to those who saw Case’s goal...
    It's the Gillingham equivalent of Nelson's goal at Brentford.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
    I went to nearly all the pissfilled games (25 minutes drive from Faversham) but I don't remember this one. I do remember being tonked 1-5 by Millwall in the fannybygaslight trophy one sad evening, with the legend that was Jamie Moralee scoring one of his legendary rare goals (deflected in off his well-travelled cock, if I remember correctly). If that helps.
    I seem to recall we went 1-0 up thanks to that goal and Moralee tried his hardest to miss it from about a yard out hitting the underside of the bar before going in. He then proceeded to kiss the badge only to be met by howls of laughter from the Rainham(??) end.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
    Again I was in the main stand with the players wives ....bit of a pattern emerging here....and it was full of the most heinous Millwall fans you could imagine. They were particularly horrendously abusive to keith Dublin ( black centre back who played in London before he joined us...it may not have been keith!) I think it was....what made it worse was his family were sat behind me and left after about 20 minutes listening to things like " die you n*gger *******" and such like....
    Dublin surely wasn't still playing during the Gillingham days was he? Man mountain of a player!!

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    I was there. And now I can't get an away ticket for any game that I want to go to.
    Quote Originally Posted by topbanana36 View Post
    I was there and now I can't get an away ticket for love nor f**king money because I'm not loyal enough. The closet I'll get to an away game this season is bringing my used car back to the dealer which is two minutes walk to the Liberty stadium on Saturday for a spare key. How times changes Kidderminster, Hartlepool, Barnet. How crowds have indeed changed.
    Really don't get this attitude. If you'd been to enough games you'd have enough points. Simple as. Just because you went to a game at Gillingham or even all of them doesn't mean you have a given right to a ticket 20 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiros View Post
    Far from being one of those who moans about not being able to get tickets 'because I went to the Goldstone/Priestfield/Withdean' I'm just glad to see that we have a thriving club with a new / returning generation of Albion fans. If that means I can't get a ticket for Man U away then that's a small price to pay. I'd have certainly taken that 20 years ago.
    Is the correct answer!

All the time demand outstrips supply then someone is going to miss out and someone is going to be miffed about missing out on ticket. The loyalty scheme has been in place for several seasons now and if you'd gone to enough games you'd have enough points to get tickets.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Again I was in the main stand with the players wives ....bit of a pattern emerging here....and it was full of the most heinous Millwall fans you could imagine. They were particularly horrendously abusive to keith Dublin ( black centre back who played in London before he joined us...it may not have been keith!) I think it was....what made it worse was his family were sat behind me and left after about 20 minutes listening to things like " die you n*gger *******" and such like....

Horrible night....didn't Jamie moralie score first in that game?
      Emeka Ifejiagwa (as per @jimhigham posts passim)

Andy Ansah <sigh>
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
      @Lindfield by the Pond and I were there. On the way home, Richard Spurs Supporting Littlejohn on the 5 live phone in that night - because England played at Wembley - asked, “...And if you were one of the 1,025 Brighton fans at tonight’s game, give us a call and tell us....why?”

Was utterly dejected and I think we felt lower than the opening game against Macclesfield which just felt weird. But that night, after the result and seeing the tiny smattering of fans who’d gone, I truly did stare into the abyss and think that as a club we were gone.

Anyway fast forward 20 years and can I get a ticket for Old Trafford?!!! Can I f uck!!! Where were you when you were shit, the opponents cry? At Gillingham I reply! And proudly so. Because there are many more liars today than the 1,025 souls who did make that journey on 05.11.97. It’s a badge of honour really.

Probably worth remembering this thread when Rashford or whoever gets a hatrick and this board’s full of knee jerks!
      Agreed only missed 2 games at Gillingham this was one of them ,sounds like it was a good thing !
      Members

0 Not allowed!

Horrible night....didn't Jamie moralie score first in that game?
      don't think it was keith ,it was Bennet cant remember his first name lol
      worshipping Omiros

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by matbha View Post
      don't think it was keith ,it was Bennet cant remember his first name lol
      Bennett...that was it. They hated him for some reason
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
      Really don't get this attitude. If you'd been to enough games you'd have enough points. Simple as. Just because you went to a game at Gillingham or even all of them doesn't mean you have a given right to a ticket 20 years later.
      I wasn’t complaining, just stating a fact. The difference is that then I didn’t have any responsibilities so could go to as many away games as I wanted, where as now I have, and so I can’t.

My point was more in agreement to the ‘how things have changed’ sentiment.
      "I am repeatedly a fan of his braggish self-assurance. No point, that I can remember, has he ever been foolish or incorrect. All based on scientific, biblical fact. He's a vivid sermoniser whose halo sometimes burns those who dare to question."
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      What was the highest attendance we had at Gillingham?. I seem to remember going to one game with around 6K there. I think it was because we all thought it would be the last game there but believe we had another season there......or did I dream that?
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by *Gullsworth* View Post
      What was the highest attendance we had at Gillingham. I seem to remember going to one game with around 6K there. I think it was because we all thought it would be the last game there but believe we had another season there......or did I dream that.
      The fans United game v Doncaster was the highest gate there - just over 6,000. Possibly the worst game of football I’ve ever seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Winner of 2006 North Stand Chat Grand National Sweepstake
      I hate Palarse

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blind Pugh View Post
      ....... knickerdraggers .....
      If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LANGDON SEAGULL View Post
      The fans United game v Doncaster was the highest gate there - just over 6,000. Possibly the worst game of football I’ve ever seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I think the Darlington game might top the awfulness for me.. 0-4 and Gabbiadini was it, with the hatrick who got the big old round of applause for it.