Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who recalls school football like this - Kes...

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Brilliant film .

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Went to Westlain and we were pretty rubbish.
I think our football lessons were mostly spent trying to get the teachers woolly hat knocked off. (He had a large bald patch and a huge Bobby Charlton comb over :)

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
And just like the film, from my experience there was always a PE teacher who was a northern git. Probably a northern Yorkshire git too.

el punal

To save myself even more embarrassment I will try and keep the detail of this gory story to a minimum. I had to play in an inter-house match at school on a particularly wet and windy day on a complete pudding of a pitch. Our house team was the poorest (that's being generous!) with probably only four of us able to actually kick a ball. Yours truly was selected to play in goal.

Here comes the minimum bit - we lost 15-0. I was made man of the match as I saved THREE penalties. How bad were we? Apart from kicking off after each goal we only crossed the halfway line four times in the whole match. At least I had the Albion to console me! :cry:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Can't ever remember a game being postponed and the pitches were dreadful. The best (worst) was probably the sloping pitch in Ditchling Road when, if a shot missed the goal, the ball would be on its way down to Five ways

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I remember playing an inter form match and and winning 27 nil I was in goal and scored 1

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Glad I was either the picker or tended to be one of the first picked. Some kids just didn't give a feck about football.

We had ex Albion starlet Andy Marchant running our lot.

A Stringer boy then? I was one of the kids that just didn't give a feck about (playing) football. I always 'forgot' my kit and got litter picking duty.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A Stringer boy then? I was one of the kids that just didn't give a feck about (playing) football. I always 'forgot' my kit and got litter picking duty.

What.....

Litter picking...

In our school the teacher would just stomp off into the locker room and come back out with some 1950's shorts that had never been washed and a string vest that Albert Steptoe would not be seen dead in, a pair of borstal break out pumps (perfect for muddy wet pitches) and throw them at the kids that "forgot" to take their kits,

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)

My general fear of the bemulleted c*nt of the north, Mr Dudson, kept me from playing football at school for the most part. I'd loiter, and play a bit of basketball instead. Or feign injury or illness each time.
I recall my friend being scythed down by Dudson, who he told to eff off in response. Dudson, of course, grabbed him by the collar to say: you can kick me, you can punch me, but don't bloody swear at me.

In terms of the film, the lad playing Kes is my dad's second cousin, and my dad's history teacher, I think, at school was Brian Glover.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
My general fear of the bemulleted c*nt of the north, Mr Dudson, kept me from playing football at school for the most part. I'd loiter, and play a bit of basketball instead. Or feign injury or illness each time.
I recall my friend being scythed down by Dudson, who he told to eff off in response. Dudson, of course, grabbed him by the collar to say: you can kick me, you can punch me, but don't bloody swear at me.

In terms of the film, the lad playing Kes is my dad's second cousin, and my dad's history teacher, I think, at school was Brian Glover.

Used to hate metalwork. Made an out of shape gravestone design monogrammed key ring under Dudson's tutelage. Awful, simply awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here