Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Grayson has been sacked by Sunderland.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Pardew in the running, now that would be funny

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Sounds bad but then half the games they were playing at home so would not score many away goals playing at home.

They have scored 12 goals in their last 14 away games

Ah yes, shouldn't have said 14 there!

What I'm trying to say is that Bolton, having played 7 away games had only scored twice. Yet last night they scored 3 away goals. The point I'm making is that Bolton, bottom of the table, newly promoted, somewhat toothless away from home, have put three past Sunderland. :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmm, maybe they have a point?

[tweet]925480112363057152[/tweet]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
League 1 it is then if Reid is appointed !

Reid has quite a decent record. Just looked it up -he has a win ratio of 42% as a manager - and that's despite spells at three basket case clubs.

I'm surprised he's not managed in England for six years but I'm not sure that Sunderland is the place to go. First of all, it's another basket case and second, you should never go back - ask Mullery or Adams.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seems a perfect fit for Nathan Jones!

I couldn't think of a worse one to be honest. Sunderland as a club are rotten to the core, being run by a bunch of incompetents, with a squad of overpaid mercenary failures, playing in front of a cavernous half-empty stadium of disillusioned supporters. A young, up-and-coming lower division manager such as Jones would have to hit the ground running and start getting results pretty much immediately to have any chance of surviving beyond Easter. "Tall order" springs to mind. Why would he want to walk into that scenario ?

He might get a handsome payoff when they bin him off, if money is all that matters. But as a career move, Sunderland is death right now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sunderland as a club are rotten to the core, being run by a bunch of incompetents, with a squad of overpaid mercenary failures, playing in front of a cavernous half-empty stadium of disillusioned supporters.

Big Sam's your man then.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Big Sam's your man then.

I'd agree, Fireman Sam is a far better fit for a toxic shambles like Sunderland than a young manager who's in the process of building a reputation and trying to make his way in the game. Sam wouldn't give a shit if he got sacked from there. He's at the fag-end of his career and is absolutely loaded anyway. Whether he kept them up or not, he wouldn't be damaged by association to Sunderland. Relegation battles are his thing though, so if the Sunderland board massaged their one collective braincell, they could do a lot worse than appoint him, expensive though it might be.

But frankly I wouldn't trust them to run a lemonade stall, so lord knows who they'll turn to next in their unending list of managers to shift the blame to for their perpetual collective fvckwittedess.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thing is I don't see short in the same way as him, I think it's just a lack of experience in football specifically and that he doesn't want to put any more in which he stopped doing a while back

We should be a good prospect and hopefully we keep the ground, is shocking how long it has taken Leeds to get theirs back

The car crash of Leeds was a caused by host of factors. Obviously the Risdale mismanaged spending spree, mortgaging off assets including future years season ticket sales and the huge Administration. Followed by a plethora of shifty and purely self-interested owners, with zero interest in the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here