Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Things you miss about the Championship

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Midweek games.

Whether it's a night under the lights at the Amex or a trip to some far-flung Northern shithole, I like the intensity of the Championship and the frequent midweek games.

As of tonight, Championship teams will have played 50% more games than we have.

The Premier League feels disjointed, and the international breaks don't help with that (yes I know the Championship also stops for those), but it keeps on feeling like a big gap between fixtures.

What do you miss?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Unless you are in Europe the Premier League has long gap a between games

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In the spirit of the new NSC advertising thing, has anyone else seen these on scAmazon? 3 pairs for £12.99 incl P&P. Result.

s-l225.jpg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Midweek games.

Whether it's a night under the lights at the Amex or a trip to some far-flung Northern shithole, I like the intensity of the Championship and the frequent midweek games.

As of tonight, Championship teams will have played 50% more games than we have.

The Premier League feels disjointed, and the international breaks don't help with that (yes I know the Championship also stops for those), but it keeps on feeling like a big gape between fixtures.

What do you miss?

The fixtures this year are a total clusterf*ck. Thinly spread out, apart from December when there are seven matches. I suspect that's mostly to piss certain managers off who insist on a mid-winter break; a break where they do anything but - they cart the squad out to the Middle East for a meaningless tournament to get in a few extra quid.

Anyway, in answer to your question - the relentless hilarity of MASSIVE screwing up again and again, and feeling the need to care.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Being able to get out of Bridge car park quicker than 90 minutes after end of match (when walking down 50 minutes after match finished)

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Tell you what I don't miss - that "we're on our way" song. I think I had it stuck as an earworm from Christmas until May.

Miss not being able to sing “we are top of the league.........” though. Maybe next season!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Being top, playing more games, 24 competitive teams who could all beat each other, less being f*cked up by Sky, some games at 3 on a Saturday, not having to contend with rail replacement bus services at shit times on Sundays ...

theboybilly

Pretty much **** all other than a few of the away trips (some cracking pubs in Cardiff, Nottingham and Leeds in particular).

There's not one place in the Championship where I couldn't find a cracking pub. This season..Leicester? No. Watford? No West Ham? No. Arsenal? Again no. Looking forward to Huddersfield and Newcastle again though

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Being top, playing more games, 24 competitive teams who could all beat each other, less being f*cked up by Sky, some games at 3 on a Saturday, not having to contend with rail replacement bus services at shit times on Sundays ...

Think we’ve got 7 Sat 3pm kos between now and the year end.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here