Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Swansea Harvest

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
annoying I am 10 points out from buying tickets that were popping up today!

Been to a few away games this season now....just not officially earning myself any points!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's not a no show if they're handing them on surely, which happens all the time.

I've passed tickets on and had tickets passed onto me through NSC in the past and points harvesting wasn't in anybody's mind then.

I doubt people in for Swansea even need the points, alot of them probably have enough for wave1 Anfield already without attending another game in between. That ****ing Bmuff game has got everyone chasing their tails, including our CEO.

In the past is totally different to this season. I know lots of people who couldn't go, wanted to the points, so bought tickets to hand on to friends without enough points. You're being naive if you don't think this is happening now on quite a large scale this season with every away allocation likely to be a sell out, and probably never going beyond ST holder level of points.

el punal

Sorry, but I just find this "harvesting" of loyalty points just so much bollocks. If you spend all your time waiting to go on-line/phone, part with your cash, receive your ticket then not go, what sort of supporter are you? Obviously not loyal. I can understand if you got a ticket and genuinely can't make it, whatever that reason is, and pass it on to a friend then that's fair enough, at least it's another Albion fan. I just hope that the novelty of being in the Premier League is over in regard to obtaining tickets for points just for the "big club" games.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
In the past is totally different to this season. I know lots of people who couldn't go, wanted to the points, so bought tickets to hand on to friends without enough points. You're being naive if you don't think this is happening now on quite a large scale this season with every away allocation likely to be a sell out, and probably never going beyond ST holder level of points.

Bournemouth was £10 a ticket and alot closer to home that Swansea. £30 and miles away is a little bit of a different scenario.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bournemouth was £10 a ticket and alot closer to home that Swansea. £30 and miles away is a little bit of a different scenario.

Bournemouth was different as it was a case of buying a ticket and not passing it on. Swansea and other less attractive aways will no doubt have many people buying for the points, BUT they will have friends to give/sell the tickets to. That means there will be bums on seats, just not necessarily the bums with the loyalty points to buy the tickets in the first place.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Big Groovy Gang entourage for this, 7 of us

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Match tickets to hand, train tickets to hand. Off on Thursday and staying until Tuesday with friends who live down there. Fell very fortunately for me and wife.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

I suspect Bournemouth cup tickets weren't harvested by those of us at the top, but rather the people who don't usually travel away who thought it might be a good way to catch up, then follow their usual trend of not attending.

In order to harvest points for Swansea, those people would need to have actually gone to games in previous seasons.. unless of course they had the foresight to harvest back then too. At which point it's all becoming abit of a conspiracy.

I'm not saying that gives them the right to buy up what they can and sell on the ones they don't fancy, but at least they have a background of supporting the albion away from home, whereas the vast majority of those complaining just fancy it this season because it's the PL. I understand there is a minority who used to pay on the gate (should have really known better as nearly all PL away followings are closed shops) and non-ST holders for which I empathise.

Issue is, if none of the other clubs have found a way to appease the fans with their respective systems (you're never going to please everybody when demand exceeds supply) so I doubt we're going to magic one up. Judging by the poor away crowds at the Amex so far this season, PL clubs need to hit the reset button on their loyalty schemes as they all seem out of puff.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
4 of us fully intending on going - bit different from a haribo cup game don't you think?

train beers, weather looks alright and new ground so looking forward to this one

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I don’t see what difference the distance makes to someone not planning to go. It’ll be about pounds per point.

I don’t expect to see empty seats any more than there have been for any other league away game. I also doubt there are many who will be buying for mates only, though that might just be me being naive!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's not a no show if they're handing them on surely, which happens all the time.

I've passed tickets on and had tickets passed onto me through NSC in the past and points harvesting wasn't in anybody's mind then.

I doubt people in for Swansea even need the points, alot of them probably have enough for wave1 Anfield already without attending another game in between. That ****ing Bmuff game has got everyone chasing their tails, including our CEO.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if it is shown that only one person doesn't turn up on Saturday, there will suddenly be 20,000 die hard fans who would have gone had they been able to get a ticket, just like the Bournemouth cup game!!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You can bet your bottom dollar that if it is shown that only one person doesn't turn up on Saturday, there will suddenly be 20,000 die hard fans who would have gone had they been able to get a ticket, just like the Bournemouth cup game!!!!
Wasn't there ~700 devious harvesters at Bournemouth, and some other fans who couldn't get tickets because of it ?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Bought is the past tense of buy.
Brought is the past tense of bring.

Just saying

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'll be there.

Just need to ensure I take proof of ID for the pre game check

Haven't you had your tattoo done yet qr.png

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And you've been going on about it at every opportunity. Question is, why don't you have enough loyalty points in the first place?
I do have enough points from previous years, but aways are impossible for me this season as mentioned before.

Although it's not about me, rather it's about the fans who couldn't go because of 700 or so harvesters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here