Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Vacancy for proof reader/editor at the Argus?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Doing well today! argus.PNG
argus 2.PNG

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
They've never had a proof reader in my 60 or so years of laughing at them.
Surely their motto is "if we can **** it up we will"

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If it makes you feel better, on the interview with Bruno on the OS, he is full of praise for Pascal Gross and some bloke called 'Glenn Murry'

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
They've never had a proof reader in my 60 or so years of laughing at them.
Surely their motto is "if we can **** it up we will"

Whoever is in charge of it must read NSC!
It's been corrected (the picture)

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Gave up reading the Argus some years ago when the Argus gave up on employing people who had a basic understanding of grammar, could spell, and could actually be arsed to check their copy.

Having employed so many lazy, ignorant "journalists", the paper no longer deserves to exist.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
On Saturday they had an article about HMV re-opening and did the same thing - all the related pictures were upside down. It was like that for about 5 hours.

I think HMV were very pleased as they had some special deals on Hanging Around by the Stranglers

I'll get my coat

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, as for unintentional parady, 'Setyres' used to regularly advertise in the Anus, and their most favoured eyegrab was:

'Tyres Slashed'

I shit you not :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Th best thing about the Anus, for many years, was the graffiti on the 'new' building in Robert Street that said

Dick Damage Reads the Argus

RIP Dick

ddwed01.jpg

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Gave up reading the Argus some years ago when the Argus gave up on employing people who had a basic understanding of grammar, could spell, and could actually be arsed to check their copy.

Having employed so many lazy, ignorant "journalists", the paper no longer deserves to exist.

In fairness they were a joke in the early 60's winning spoof awards their typos. :lolol:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Today's classic;
"The West Ham who continued to posted offensive tweets caused a backlash prompting Sussex Police Albion liaison officer PC Darren Balkham, to reply: “Jay, I would quit whilst you are losing. Be assured I have your full details by now and would recommend we continue the chat off line.”"

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Today's classic;
"The West Ham who continued to posted offensive tweets caused a backlash prompting Sussex Police Albion liaison officer PC Darren Balkham, to reply: “Jay, I would quit whilst you are losing. Be assured I have your full details by now and would recommend we continue the chat off line.”"
And it's old news..

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here