[Albion] Lewis dunk

Lewis dunk and the England squad

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Keane's injured I think, so may well be the type of game where Southgate does consider a new cap or two.

There is a lot of competition though, so hope Dunk isn't too disappointed if he does get overlooked. He's certainly knocking on the door.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I really hope not. I don't want him potentially playing in meaningless friendlies that could result in him being injured.

I'm selfish! The club comes first.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I'm sure I read an interview of Southgate's where he said it was important to have a set formation(s) so that all the players knew what to do whenever they joined up. He then said he likes three at the back because he wants to play out from the gk. If that's the case then he really should be having a look at Dunk as he's so comfortable on the ball.

Not sure Southgate will though, has he been to any Brighton games yet?

Crawley boy is Southgate so he probably knows a lot about him .

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
If we start a rumour that his great granny twice removed is Irish, (other nationalities are available) then Southgate will probably make the call and play him to secure his future services!
.....Hey Mr Southgate, did you known Dunks granny twice removed is Irish!!!?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He should be but I don't think he will be. Stones, Cahill, Jones, Smalling, Mawson, Maguire and Keane are (wrongly) all ahead of him at the moment so it would take a few injuries for him to get in.

Southgate picked 5 centre backs in his last squad so if he does the same again, personally I would go for Cahill, Stones, Jones, Maguire and Dunk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here