Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ref for Swansea

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
That'll spice it up a bit (although we are a lot stronger for that extra year in the Championship, and last season was a great season). Still can't stand him though and I'll be giving it large Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
With HOOPS as the fourth official? :lolol:

I think the FA are having a bit of a laugh here...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That'll spice it up a bit (although we are a lot stronger for that extra year in the Championship, and last season was a great season). Still can't stand him though and I'll be giving it large Saturday.

Damn right: I've just seen the photo of that utter gibbon sending Stephens off, and the sight of Gordon Greer and James Wilson in the photo makes me realise just how far we've come :)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I was looking forward to Saturday. Now, I’m just dreading being very very angry during and after the match. Angry at one man.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was looking forward to Saturday. Now, I’m just dreading being very very angry during and after the match. Angry at one man.

Oh I don't know. Sometimes a terrible refereeing performance helps lift a game, and certainly the atmosphere. I'd bloody love to be there (sadly I can't, thanks to those jolly Lewes Bonfire japesters and their fun), and I think the news that total hatstand is going to be in charge makes me regret it even more.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It was always going to happen at some point. Ignoring the history with us, I'm nervous that a big game for us is likely to be ruined by such a terrible referee. Even without the Stephens decision, he is one of the worst referees in the Premier League and is very likely to get a big decision wrong (with the abuse he is likely to get from our fans, he will probably be more likely to go against us).

In a way, I would have preferred his first game refereeing us since the ridiculous decision at Middlesbrough to be a game against one of the big six (one we were unlikely to get anything from anyway)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think he’s a lovely referee and we should all let him know that...until full time on Saturday..when his name will revert to being a swear word :moo:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think he’s a lovely referee and we should all let him know that...until full time on Saturday..when his name will revert to being a swear word :moo:

What are you suggesting? Completely freak him out with songs of admiration?

"You're so right it's unbelievable"

"You're ****ing good, you're ****ing good, you're ****ing good"

"Who's the greatest, who's the greatest, who's the greatest referee?"

"I've never seen advantage so well played
No I've never seen advantage so well played
No I've never seen advantage
Never seen advantage
Never seen advantage so well played"

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The handshake at the start with Stephens could be interesting...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As predicted his first appearance is away from home in front of just over 2,000 Brighton fans. However we will be right behind the goal so he will be close enough to give some real abuse to for a lot of the game. I'm looking forward to it.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Isn't he hated by all fans not just us?

He's such an utterly useless waste of space that I can't believe other clubs fans aren't after him as well.

Hoops is less of an issue I think. Swansea are more of a threat to Bournemouth going down than us atm so I would expect to make more decisions in our favour

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Screen-Shot-2015-11-03-at-4.09.23-PM.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here