Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ref for Swansea

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
May skip my pre match pnt just to get on the terrace to boo him in the warm up.
I wonder though, will he remember why we are abusing him plus what will the Swansea fans think?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shit I was hoping for some points on Saturday. I will be at Twickenham but I hope everyone there boos and abuses the **** for 90 mins

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

To see that again, to see how innocuous the challenge was, to see the yellow in his hand and Ramirez to grab it away and point at his leg, god it is so frustrating to know this guy is still refereeing premier league games.

I'll be warming up my vocal chords for hours ahead of the dogs abuse I'll be giving him

But I am also sure we'd have gone down from the prem last year, and last year in the championship was one of the most enjoyable seasons ever, and Boro did nothing, sacked Karanka, Ramirez was poor and ended up being booed by Boro fans last pre-season, so I can't help being pleased that this happened.

But Calde and Greer missed out on being promoted, and thats Dean's fault, so the shyster gets all that coming to him

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To see that again, to see how innocuous the challenge was, to see the yellow in his hand and Ramirez to grab it away and point at his leg, god it is so frustrating to know this guy is still refereeing premier league games.

I'll be warming up my vocal chords for hours ahead of the dogs abuse I'll be giving him

But I am also sure we'd have gone down from the prem last year, and last year in the championship was one of the most enjoyable seasons ever, and Boro did nothing, sacked Karanka, Ramirez was poor and ended up being booed by Boro fans last pre-season, so I can't help being pleased that this happened.

But Calde and Greer missed out on being promoted, and thats Dean's fault, so the shyster gets all that coming to him

All of this.

I think we would have survived though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
Is there any requirement for players to shake the referee's hand both before and after the game? If not, and he turns in his usual performance, perhaps the Albion players could just totally ignore hm at the end of the game and simply leave the field without going anywhere near him It would certainly make a good talking point.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

That was the worst thing about it. The fact that Ramirez told Dean to send Stephens off and he complied. Surely it's also an offence (even maybe a Red) to deliberately knock a card out of a referee's hand? Yet he took no action.

And since when does the extent of an injury dictate the punishment? Players can easily be injured completely accidentally. I actually think Ramirez was the player more intent on committing a foul. He just came out of it worse.

At any level, it was diabolical officiating. The fact that it occurred in such an important match just makes it worse. We should give him all the abuse he deserves.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't wait for Dean's pally laughs and smiles with the Swansea players throughout the match.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
It was always going to happen at some point. Ignoring the history with us, I'm nervous that a big game for us is likely to be ruined by such a terrible referee. Even without the Stephens decision, he is one of the worst referees in the Premier League and is very likely to get a big decision wrong (with the abuse he is likely to get from our fans, he will probably be more likely to go against us).

In a way, I would have preferred his first game refereeing us since the ridiculous decision at Middlesbrough to be a game against one of the big six (one we were unlikely to get anything from anyway)

Totally agree with that.
The only good thing about Saturday is that it's not on tv live so he can't do his usual strutting around showy-off stuff, wanting everyone to look at him.

Words cannot describe how I hate that knob of a referee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here