Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace views on Allardyce’s retirement u-turn (to Everton)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wasn't Zaha frozen out by Moyes at United because he couldn't keep his cock out of Moyes' daughter?

Correct, if they do not appoint big Sam I really think they will get relegated, just shows that spending £100m plus doesn't always improve things or possibly Koeman is shit at managing better players

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I came across this clip of Allerdyce fronting up to an overseas cheating baby. Fat Sam may be a plank, but in this instance I found it funny:
I expect most remember that clip without checking :lolol:

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
The ginger dalek is a credit to your club to be honest. A great English football manager getting the most out of his relatively sparse resources, not unlike BFS and Pullis in years gone by.

And an added bonus is that he seems to have a chip on his shoulder with Middlesbrough, stemming back to the days he was in the FA Cup semi final with Chesterfield but fuelled by that season when we lost out to Burnley and Boro. I like to think he's every bit as pleased as we are that two years on, it's Burnley and Brighton in the top flight, and the smoggy twats are down in the Championship.

Yes, it was funny how Dyche managed to get right under Karanka's skin, especially in the PL last season when we beat Boro 1-0 on Boxing Day with a late goal.

Karanka was increasingly losing the plot after walking out on Boro prior to the Charlton match in 2015/16. It was a shame Brighton did not beat them at the Riverside on that fateful final day (not that Boro took advantage of their fortunate "bought" promotion).

Hopefully, both Burnley and Brighton will stay up this season with Bournemouth going down with Palace and one other.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hopefully, both Burnley and Brighton will stay up this season with Bournemouth going down with Palace and one other.
Yes, you can stay. I do like Burnley most fans even if I don't share their disdain for Blackburn. I still enjoy a chuckle of the YouTube video of you lot at Reading.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Yes, you can stay. I do like Burnley most fans even if I don't share their disdain for Blackburn. I still enjoy a chuckle of the YouTube video of you lot at Reading.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Talking of Reading, I saw somewhere that Jaap Stam would be considered for the Burnley job if Dyche leaves. I'd prefer Stam to Moyes or Martin O' Neill - the only other names I have seen mentioned.

I would not mind poaching Rowett from Derby - did a good job at Brum with nothing to spend.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, it was funny how Dyche managed to get right under Karanka's skin, especially in the PL last season when we beat Boro 1-0 on Boxing Day with a late goal.

Karanka was increasingly losing the plot after walking out on Boro prior to the Charlton match in 2015/16. It was a shame Brighton did not beat them at the Riverside on that fateful final day (not that Boro took advantage of their fortunate "bought" promotion).

That would be sweet.

Boro got their just desserts with a PL season from hell, with a win virtually every two months, rarely scoring and half empty stands.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After reading the reports of Everton s showing thios evening and gthe compete cock up of he team formation even more hopeful that they keep Unsworth in the job

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Unsworth might not even get the Watford match - according to some on the Everton forum.

Even if they beat Watford, it will be back to the U23s for Unsworth. Shame - I wanted him appointed permanent boss but the first-half against Leicester scuppered his chances with kamikaze defending.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unsworth might not even get the Watford match - according to some on the Everton forum.

Even if they beat Watford, it will be back to the U23s for Unsworth. Shame - I wanted him appointed permanent boss but the first-half against Leicester scuppered his chances with kamikaze defending.

Could be good news for Burnley. Most Everton fans don't want Dyche or Allerdyce.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/sean-dyche.99882/page-68

Preferring Tuchel or Ancelotti.

But after tonight's icing on the depressing cake, desparados are saying get SD in.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
It would be an even better achievement if Burnley can avoid relegation WITHOUT Dyche - at least the new manager would have a few points in the bank unlike Roy Hodgson.

These days, it's amazing....Burnley haven't sacked a manager since October 2008 - Steve Cotterill, who had earlier survived a 19-game WINLESS run in 2006/7.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here