Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace views on Allardyce’s retirement u-turn (to Everton)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd rather he went back into the England job to be honest...

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I dont go on their forums unless linked from here, but whilst there, i found this signature quite amusing..

"The most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of deluded little sun tanned, loafer wearing mummy's boys I've ever had the misfortune of having to listen to" (Burnley forum)

:rotlf:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dyche wont be happy.

Is saying everything he can to not upset Burnley but may as well wear a T-Shirt saying "come and get me"

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I really don't understand anybody wanting to employ a person like him , it smacks of desperation and laziness on evertons part that this slime ball is the best they can offer their fans .

theboybilly

It's strange how Palace fans think Zaha will be top of the London 'big club' shopping lists when he failed at United, came back to 'improve' a team that only survived because Hull were much worse, and is overlooked when those bigger London clubs have wanted a pacy winger ever since. If Palace go down I could easily see Wilf angling to stay in the PL at a club like Southampton or even West Brom

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And one without a single relegation to tarnish his CV. Just why do some people call him an idiot and a slime ball? because he managed Crystal Palarse?

Probably because they think he's an idiot and a slime ball? Those traits – as far as I know – have nothing to do with his ability to manage football clubs...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
And one without a single relegation to tarnish his CV. Just why do some people call him an idiot and a slime ball? because he managed Crystal Palarse?

Yeah lovely bloke :facepalm:

Sam Allardyce embarrasses FA with revelations in newspaper sting
England manager says ‘not a problem’ to bypass third-party ownership
Allardyce caught on tape saying: ‘You can still get around it’.

Allardyce is also caught on tape making several remarks that will go down badly at FA headquarters, including referring to his predecessor, Roy Hodgson, as “Woy” – mocking his voice in a way the FA described as “unacceptable” when the Sun did likewise in a front-page headline.

The FA has been thrust into the highly embarrassing position of its most important employee saying it was “not a problem” to bypass the rules his own organisation had introduced in 2008. Allardyce, implicated in a Panorama documentary earlier in his management career, tells the reporters he knew of certain agents who were “doing it all the time” and added: “You can still get around it. I mean obviously the big money’s here.”

Allardyce is no stranger to controversy.
As manager of Bolton Wanderers a decade ago, Allardyce was accused of accepting bribes from agents to sign players.
Two agents were secretly filmed by BBC Panorama in 2006, each claiming they had paid Allardyce through his agent son Craig.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not a huge Big Sam fan, just too much of a self-promoter in the 'I'm bloody great' way.

But clearly it is very, very amusing that when Parish put in a grovelling phone call earlier this season to try and plead with him to come back, Sam says 'No ta, I'm really enjoying my life, not sure I'll be back'.

But when a proper job crops up at Everton he is all over it and very interested. :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that Everton as an under performing team that can only go one way and situated in the North West, nearer to his home, must have been a major factor in his decision.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Still you know your are in the real shit when you have to rely on big Sam

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Still you know your are in the real shit when you have to rely on big Sam

He is proven to be able to keep clubs up so to me it seems a decent logical move from Everton disregarding him as a man, which doesnt come into it. I would expect Everton to be mid table come the end of the season.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

People call him a slimeball because be threatened all sorts of legal action when he was named as taking bungs , there has yet to be any.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Fireman Sam will do a good job there.
Parish inserted a £2 mill release payment on Allardyce if he took another job within a certain period.
Looks like Sams got fed up being with the Mrs 24/7.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Not a huge Big Sam fan, just too much of a self-promoter in the 'I'm bloody great' way.

But clearly it is very, very amusing that when Parish put in a grovelling phone call earlier this season to try and plead with him to come back, Sam says 'No ta, I'm really enjoying my life, not sure I'll be back'.

But when a proper job crops up at Everton he is all over it and very interested. :lolol:

Was that the story in The Sun ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here