Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Murray - Palace are hurting

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some very short memories on here; this was us 6 years ago.

And Palace fans took the piss repeatedly.

When Sir Glenn has, in the last two games, scored the goals that have earned us 4 points - the same number of points that it's taken Palace 10 games to scrape together - then we are quite within our rights to give it right back to them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sure, but we couldn't have known just how close we'd come to reaching the PL so soon after getting to the Amex. Murray would've gotten us over the line probably that 2nd season.

CMS seemed like a good replacement though, everyone was excited by his arrival.

He seemed like a good addition. Not a good replacement at all, as many said at the time. It was a baffling decision.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
And Palace fans took the piss repeatedly.

When Sir Glenn has, in the last three games, scored the goals that have earned us 7 points - the same number of points that it's taken Palace 10 games to scrape together - then we are quite within our rights to give it right back to them.

Updated

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
As noted elsewhere, he scored loads for us and got us promoted, went to Palace, scored loads for them and got them promoted, then came back to us, scored loads more and got us promoted. Three promotions on the back of his goals and never relegated, a player who knows his game inside out and must be one of the more under-rated strikers of the last decade. is this his first time as a premier league regular? If so this might just be his time to shine

This with bells on.
Glad he is seen by some as being past it, or at least at the twilight of his career. He can relax and enjoy the best football of his career, with the best team. Long may it last.

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
A true story.

A few years back, I had to fix Barry Lloyd's car after it was broken into while scouting for Bhafc at Rochdale.
Weeks later a certain Glenn Murray was signed for around £300,000 I believe.

It's easy to forget he struggled initially in league 1.
There was talk of being homeless, travelling to Germany for treatment for a deep seated groin injury was considered contentious.

Not sure many fans at Withdean then could imagine Bhafc sitting 8th in the Premiership, with Murray playing such an important role, having resigned from Palace.

What a journey.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's ****ing hilarious after our big cock up in letting him go,that they've done exactly the same thing back to us and he's helped get us promoted and now establish ourselves in the prem. so so funny - I said we had the last laugh when we signed him - I was right :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Personally that was when I lost faith in Poyet, not Glen.

Exactly.

Even Poyet a couple of years later admitted it was the club's rigidity with budgets back in Summer 2011 that led to Murray leaving. Whether it was Poyet or the club, that killed the lie that sneaky Murray secretly planned his move to CP against the club's wishes. He wanted to stay, for the pay rise he deserved.

So lucky to get him back. 23 goals propelled us to the top flight.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's ****ing hilarious after our big cock up in letting him go,that they've done exactly the same thing back to us and he's helped get us promoted and now establish ourselves in the prem. so so funny - I said we had the last laugh when we signed him - I was right :)

Twice in the same player's career, in revese. They couldn't even have learn from us.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here