Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Murray - Palace are hurting

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
is this his first time as a premier league regular? If so this might just be his time to shine
He was injured against us when they were promoted, so just got the tail end of their first season. Next season he was at Reading for the first half, then got a decent run at Palace for the second half I think, so no, not his first time (as a regular).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Screw hindsight. Plenty of us saying it was a bizarre/daft move at the time.

But yes, doesn't really matter now.

Sure, but we couldn't have known just how close we'd come to reaching the PL so soon after getting to the Amex. Murray would've gotten us over the line probably that 2nd season.

CMS seemed like a good replacement though, everyone was excited by his arrival.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sure, but we couldn't have known just how close we'd come to reaching the PL so soon after getting to the Amex. Murray would've gotten us over the line probably that 2nd season.

CMS seemed like a good replacement though, everyone was excited by his arrival.

Correct, but the squad we had 2/3 years ago would have required a much greater overhaul than last season’s squad. We learned from the Murray experience and kept Stephens.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
And if he didn't, that would trigger all SORTS of reactions on here :tantrum::eek::angry::annoyed::rant:

If it did they would be wrong.
He is a professional footballer and showed real class against us when he scored and I would expect the same WHEN he scores against them.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Imagine if he went absolutely full on Adebayor after scoring against them. I don't think my Albion supporting life would get any better.

How about if it was the last minute at their place in April, the goal consigning them to defeat, the defeat condemning them to relegation. And then he did the full Adebayor.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Screw hindsight. Plenty of us saying it was a bizarre/daft move at the time.

But yes, doesn't really matter now.

Im sure there was a lot of talk at tbe time that he wanted to go because his mrs couldnt settle in the south ?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Correct, but the squad we had 2/3 years ago would have required a much greater overhaul than last season’s squad. We learned from the Murray experience and kept Stephens.

Well we sort of learned with Stephens, but we could have learned earlier with Barnes!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here