Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shanghai Shenhua 'want Tomer Hemed'

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
New contract.He's worth a lot more than £5 million to us this season.The Chinese wouldn't go over £5 mill because of the re-investment rules.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that at £5m or perhaps a little more if we can push them, would represent good business for both us and Tomer provided we can bring in a younger quicker replacement as we have GM as the main target man when one is needed.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I would think that at £5m or perhaps a little more if we can push them, would represent good business for both us and Tomer provided we can bring in a younger quicker replacement as we have GM as the main target man when one is needed.

I cannot imagine in any way how losing a striker and gaining £5m in this mad market place could ever be considered good business.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Does he want to ply his trade in China?

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I hope he stays to end of season. As others have said he always gives everything and when he goes he deserves all the goodwill and thanks from us fans. Has and still is playing a significant part for our club.

I avoid the stressful bit with the penalties by always facing away when they are taken!! It is a superstition thing I have done for probably 30 years now!! Usually works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
We will find it hard enough to recruit one striker in the Jan window, let alone the 2 it would require for us to even think of letting him go. He also looks like he can cut it at this level in the Vokes type role so we would be mad to let him leave.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot imagine in any way how losing a striker and gaining £5m in this mad market place could ever be considered good business.

IMHO he is not good enough to make a significant impact over the whole season in the Premier and £5m would go towards bringing in somebody who would do that. As it stands he is adequate as back up to GM but we need somebody to take GM place in the team or at least offers serious worthwhile competition so that he becomes the back up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Indeed. It is terrible business.

We need 4 strikers when the January window shuts. We may struggle to bring in 2 new forwards, so Tomer stays.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Simple question for the club, is he the answer to our goalscoring? If so he is worth more to us than £5m if not take the cash and put it towards somebody who they think will be.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I don't necessarily think he is 'the answer' but he has certainly been a valuable option to us so far this season.

And others have said, 5m will get you very little in the way of a striker in the current market

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
and lose him for nowt ?

5 million is nearly nowt in this league isn't it?

I can't believe I just typed that, Last season that sounded like a **** of a lot of money. I am now a Premier League tosser fan making comments like the above (even though it is true)

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I think the merit-based component is £2m per league position. The way it's going at the moment a couple of goals could make the difference up yep! Not sure what happens if you're tied on GD, GF, GA etc, maybe alphabetically decided :). Expect CPFC2010 to soon rebrand as _AAACPFC2017?

If it's a dead head and nothing else is at stake (European place etc...) then the two teams get the average of the two league positions I believe. So if tied at 10th, each side gets the average of 10th and 11th place prize money.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Simple question for the club, is he the answer to our goalscoring? If so he is worth more to us than £5m if not take the cash and put it towards somebody who they think will be.
I swear we'd be in division 4 if you were running things.

Of course he isn't "the answer" to our goalscoring, but he is clearly a good enough squad player. We need 4 strikers and to try and replace even a 4th choice Premier league striker would cost way more than £5m. And that's without considering the other issue here, which is that £5m is chicken feed compared to the £100m windfall for staying in the division.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is not even I in 4 because, if we are honest, we won't see much of Sam Baldock this season. Not the lads fault, and I genuinely feel for him but even if he does come back it will only be a matter of time before he suffers another setback.

We need as many decent players as possible, I think Tomer is decent. Keep him.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
There's absolutely zero chance we will consider letting him go in January. He's crucial to our survival hopes. 5-10 million is peanuts in that context.

He could sign a new contract or leave at the end of the season for nothing. Either of those options is preferable to us letting him leave in January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here