Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shanghai Shenhua 'want Tomer Hemed'

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seeing as we couldn’t get the quality of player we needed up front to sign for us in the summer window, I'd like to see us hang on to him. Even if we do get someone in he'd still be a useful squad player. We should keep him until his contract runs out imo.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'd like to see him play a few more games to see if he can cut it at this level first.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Seeing as we couldn’t get the quality of player we needed up front to sign for us in the summer window, I'd like to see us hang on to him. Even if we do get someone in he'd still be a useful squad player. We should keep him until his contract runs out imo.

and lose him for nowt ?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
and lose him for nowt ?

IMO, weighed up against the risk of getting a few injuries and having no fit striker, the reward of ~£5m isn't a good deal. If we manage to sign someone in Jan, who knows how long they'll take to get up to standard / gel.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
and lose him for nowt ?

In the Championship / League One day that would matter ala Barnes. But now finishing 1 position higher in the PL would likely cover that money

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We couldn't replace him for £5m, and losing a striker and ending up relegated would cost a LOT more than £5m.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
In the Championship / League One day that would matter ala Barnes. But now finishing 1 position higher in the PL would likely cover that money

I think the merit-based component is £2m per league position. The way it's going at the moment a couple of goals could make the difference up yep! Not sure what happens if you're tied on GD, GF, GA etc, maybe alphabetically decided :). Expect CPFC2010 to soon rebrand as _AAACPFC2017?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If there is anything in it, it would be a good deal. But and it's a big but, we would need to get at least 2 strikers in. Two PL quality strikers in the January market is a big ask and even if it were possible you would have to pay considerably over the odds. For that reason I don't think this will happen.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need 4 strikers in the squad at the end of the January window.

Everything else is 'froth'.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I think 8-10m would do it.. at 30 it would be a decent return to be reinvested perhaps in a younger model......served us well, but won t be happy at being bench man going forward once our elusive striker is signed. I think Murray would be ok with being 2nd fiddle in the future, for a season or two at least.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Another vote for a new contract. He's not a world beater, but he can be a useful player at this level.

This summer proved how hard it is to sign forwards at good value. We know the club doesn't like to overpay so we need to have replacements in place before anyone is allowed to move on.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Whatever happens I want Tomer to do what is best for him and his family. He sweats blood for us - he knows he's not the best striker in the world ever but there are few who work harder. And his penalties are the most stressful yet wonderful penalties ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here