Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] First TORY minister named as .......

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Er ... which party has withdrawn the whip from one of its MPs for inappropriate behaviour?
(I'll give you a clue, it wasn't the Tories)

Well they could hardly do anything else could they, but what about all those misogynistic, anti-Semitic, homophobic types that have sprung up with Momentum? Is there really nothing to see there?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nice cop out :laugh:

Cop out from what? How the hell do I know what they have on her? I'm saying, to me that statement looks like the work of someone who wants the allegations shut down.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sorry but I don't accept that. All the pressure came from Alistair Campbell. Kelly told his boss that he'd spoken to the journalist Andrew Gilligan, and his boss informed the Cabinet Office. Geoff Hoon's own words were that he and Campbell were furious at this news and determined to "f*ck Gilligan" and it was Campbell that insisted that Kelly appear before the HoC committee.

I'd go further and say all parties are also implicated in covering up historic child abuse scandals but I suspect you'd try to claim that the Tories are the worst in this respect too.
So, Dr Kelly was killed by a cross party committee of MP's ?. .. As for the abuse, it's across all levels of society and almost any organisation, anyone from Boy Scouts to the Church, football clubs, academia, and armed forces... Sadly it is/has been going on for years.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Well, that's not what you saying earlier, you were saying that Labour would take no action on any such person ...

That's quite correct, but the idiot that Labour selected without ever thinking he'd be elected, did so much of the work for them that they had no choice. And what would you say regarding the other point about Momentum's misogynistic, anti-Semitic and homophobic thugs?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Well, that's not what you saying earlier, you were saying that Labour would take no action on any such person ...

I think he was talking about the reaction from left.leaning posters.on here.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So, Dr Kelly was killed by a cross party committee of MP's ?. .. As for the abuse, it's across all levels of society and almost any organisation, anyone from Boy Scouts to the Church, football clubs, academia, and armed forces... Sadly it is/has been going on for years.

You are determined to stick doggedly to partisan lines aren't you? Kelly was collateral damage in the fight against Gilligan, Campbell's part in this is extremely well-documented and Kelly's family, although they remain silent on the matter publicly have made it clear that the finger of blame points at Campbell. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cam...er-david-kelly-nightmare-remarks-7189610.html

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You are determined to stick doggedly to partisan lines aren't you? Kelly was collateral damage in the fight against Gilligan, Campbell's part in this is extremely well-documented and Kelly's family, although they remain silent on the matter publicly have made it clear that the finger of blame points at Campbell. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cam...er-david-kelly-nightmare-remarks-7189610.html
I'm not sticking to partisan lines but I find it extremely ridiculous you can pin the death of Dr Kelly on the Labour press secretary.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm not sticking to partisan lines but I find it extremely ridiculous you can pin the death of Dr Kelly on the Labour press secretary.

Sorry but I do think that if the tables were turned and it was the Tory Press Secretary then you'd not be quite so incredulous.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sorry but I do think that if the tables were turned and it was the Tory Press Secretary then you'd not be quite so incredulous.
I would genuinely struggle to see how a Tory Press Secretary could get someone killed too.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Oh them Tories, its the 90's all over again...

af-graphic-list.jpg

Top one is Damian Green,our Deputy PM no less, and Grant Shapps, Amber Rudd, Mark Menzies, Grant Halfon and Jake Berry are all on there somewhere*

*according to the Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/31/tory-minister-mp-accused-paying-women-keep-quiet/

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I would genuinely struggle to see how a Tory Press Secretary could get someone killed too.

"get someone killed".

I think that more or less answers the question I was going to ask about whether you had read the links, the comments in Campbell's biography or other well-placed commentators' opinions.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Anyone claiming that Julia Hartley Brewer is not speaking her own mind do not know her very well. This is someone who quite clearly is not going to be used as some kind of political football to be kicked about by the sordid media. Well done her. More common sense like this is needed in our failing pc world.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
link to unredacted version available if you search for "spreadsheet" on twitter. It's on a site called imgur.com

I did initially post the link directly, but on reflection, there's an outside chance that it could be seen as libellous and damaging to have the link on NSC, even though there's not a journalist or politician in the country that hasn't already seen it.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
"inappropriate". What male can honestly say they haven't said something "inappropriate" at some time in their working career? Indeed what woman can as well? MPs are just people that go to work and like others that go to work have some banter with their colleagues and others. I really don't see how these people can be listed in the same context as sexual harassment, abuse and rape.

The world has gone mad.

Oh for the days when men could be men and women could be women and both knew the difference without trying to use the other so callously.

There will come a time when women will regret the feminist movement. I think we are not that far away from that now.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Amber Rudd 'revelation' is common knowledge though. A waitress at ******* **** *** in Hastings Old Town reliably informed that upon serving them, Ms Rudd takes her coffee like her men.

Interesting that Dr Dan Poulter MP is on there - he served me as my Councillor in Gensing ward on Hastings Borough Council about 12 years ago before resigning after a year as he got a job in a London Hospital and therefore left The Conquest Hospital where he worked at the time as a Doctor. Seemed alright for a privately educated Tory I thought - just goes to show, you can't trust them one bit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here