Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] First TORY minister named as .......

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
You know I was saying that they are all as bad as each other....

Capture.jpg

40 Tory MP's on the list that the journalists have seen. Five of them are South East MP's. You may want to defend the MP's that align with your political pursuasion but most people want these people outed.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
40 Tory MP's on the list that the journalists have seen. Five of them are South East MP's. You may want to defend the MP's that align with your political pursuasion but most people want these people outed.

Looks like you missed the times that I've said it crosses all parties and that they are all as bad as each other. Clue - you've quoted me saying that.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Looks like you missed the times that I've said it crosses all parties and that they are all as bad as each other. Clue - you've quoted me saying that.
So you think they all as bad as each other? Surely even you don't believe that.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Yes. It's stupid trying to grade whether demanding a lover have an abortion is worse than attempted rape and a subsequent cover-up by others - and these are only the stories that have come out in public. I bet there are tons more, equally horrific, .and I'm pretty sure that most of the accusations levelled at Tory MPs have also been committed in the past by members of other parties and vice versa. I'd counter that it's naive in the extreme to think otherwise and only the most blinkered and partisan Labour/Tory/Lib Dem supporter would think like that.

If there's one thing that the historic child abuse scandals have taught us is that the parties at Westminster are far more incestuous, metaphorically, than they'd like their respective voters to believe.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

If you really believe it's a numbers game, then start at 'ONE' for a person to misbehave to malign their party. And also start at 'ONE' if that party in question has never done anything about it.

However, the central point should always be that this is not a party political issue, nor a party issue. It's a personal and criminal issue.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Within the world of those involved, most people know - especially in HR - what's appropriate and inappropriate. And what's none of their business. However, seeing as we have a print media which in large part is there to appeal to the lowest common denominator, it needs to be whipped into a newsworthy story in order to be understood by the ignorati. And that means over-simplifying the story, or fabricating hysteria.

The truth is - some MPs feel it's within their unwritten, understood right to behave exactly how they see fit. "It's been going on for decades, my dear fellow, what's the bloody problem with the odd grope now and then? Can't a hard-working chap have some fun...?" etc. Believe it or not, 'sugar tits' is an inappropriate within an office environment - no matter what the office hour. It's evident one or two don't quite get that.

For me - one of the reasons it has become a news story isn't because they are MPs per se - it's more because they have a certain amount of power (or access to power) and believe themselves immune. It's not whether any MP in question feels it's right or wrong - that another argument entirely. It's about what they feel that they can get away with.

If a proper system were in place to shop those who are sexually inappropriate (or worse), you'll find much of it grinding to a halt - even if some do believe this is 'PC gone mad'.

Agree with this, but also like the 'prepared' statement as it brings perspective. Sugar tits or a hand on the knee is inappropriate given the work environment, and if I did that in his job I would expect a verbal or written warning, not a media frenzy and comparisons with Savile. Get real. The point is not only about the real victims being overlooked but also the disproportionate reaction that adds fuel to the 'PC gone mad' brigade.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Nicholas Soames must be waiting for the knock on his door. 20 women MP's made allegations against him for inappropriate behaviour but it never went any further a few years ago.

He's been a bit busy meeting jetting off to meet an old friend of the Tory party recently.

Mugabe1-1.jpg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Agree with this, but also like the 'prepared' statement as it brings perspective. Sugar tits or a hand on the knee is inappropriate given the work environment, and if I did that in his job I would expect a verbal or written warning, not a media frenzy and comparisons with Savile. Get real. The point is not only about the real victims being overlooked but also the disproportionate reaction that adds fuel to the 'PC gone mad' brigade.

It's that fabricated overreaction that is sometimes an attempt to belittle the genuine grievances. And who benefits from that?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Senior Labour Party official raped Labour youth worker Bex Bailey.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/bex-bailey-rape-labour-activist-party-event-nec-members-not-report-told-sexual-harassment-assault-a8029941.html

So brave of her to come forward and wave anonymity.

Let's hope that the Police get involved in this caswe, so the accused faces his day in court.

Fior clarity, she doesn't say it was a senior Labour Party official - she said it was someone who was 'more senior' to her.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Fior clarity, she doesn't say it was a senior Labour Party official - she said it was someone who was 'more senior' to her.

Oh , that’s ok then , it was just a senior Labour Party official who tried to discourage her from reporting it , anyone would think that senior Labour Party officials had a warped sense of morals from the original post.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's a personal and criminal issue.

And Julia Hartley-Brewer has stated that the issue didn't actually exist anyway as she dealt with it at the time. But that is not good enough for the femi-nazis and their odourous supporters it seems?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Oh , that’s ok then , it was just a senior Labour Party official who tried to discourage her from reporting it , anyone would think that senior Labour Party officials had a warped sense of morals from the original post.

No of course it's not OK, and yeah, I got that.

No-one involved can come out of this with any credit (aside from Ms Bailey) - least of all the two (the alleged rapist and the cover up bully) who are equally culpable. It stinks from top to bottom.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
And Julia Hartley-Brewer has stated that the issue didn't actually exist anyway as she dealt with it at the time. But that is not good enough for the femi-nazis and their odourous supporters it seems?

By threatening to punch his lights out, so it either really upset her or she has anger management problems ???

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
By threatening to punch his lights out, so it either really upset her or she has anger management problems ???

But is it not an issue for her? But you want to continue to be offended on her behalf even if she isn't. :wanker:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Perhaps the young activist for the Labour Party who was “encouraged “ not to pursue a rape claim should have punched the “senior” members lights out, although she would have been advised it might harm her! The Labour Party aka the Momentum Party, nasty people when the chips are down!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Which bit of "I do not regard the incident as anything but mildly amusing" in her statement did you not understand?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here