Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] First TORY minister named as .......

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Tory supporting, right wing Brexit voters support the right of male bosses to touch female staff whether they like it or not shocker. A lovely return to the 1960's culture of nods, winks and keeping schtum. We all know what that lead to.

I’d leave these shores if I were you, it’s going to get worse......

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
[tweet]925703673459761153[/tweet]

[tweet]925719265348653056[/tweet]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Where I struggle with reports such as these, is this bit:

"The SWP's leadership is under fire for setting up a "kangaroo court" to hear allegations of rape and sexual misconduct dating back to 2008 against the man. The allegations made at the party's disputes committee were dismissed by a panel of seven and never passed on to the police."

Maybe it is entirely indicative of being male and, as such, find it difficult to truly understand what it must be like to be in the position of the victim of this alleged rape. But I would think that if that were me, I'd not need the SWP's Disputes Committee to decide whether something should be presented to the police or not, I'd be doing it myself.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

"The SWP's leadership is under fire for setting up a "kangaroo court" to hear allegations of rape and sexual misconduct dating back to 2008 against the man. The allegations made at the party's disputes committee were dismissed by a panel of seven and never passed on to the police."

Maybe it is entirely indicative of being male and, as such, find it difficult to truly understand what it must be like to be in the position of the victim of this alleged rape. But I would think that if that were me, I'd not need the SWP's Disputes Committee to decide whether something should be presented to the police or not, I'd be doing it myself.

But it says further down that it was party policy to remove anyone that went to the police, as they didn't believe in the capitalist police, and she didn't want to be thrown out of the party. I wonder who made that rule then........

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
But it says further down that it was party policy to remove anyone that went to the police, as they didn't believe in the capitalist police, and she didn't want to be thrown out of the party. I wonder who made that rule then........

What a bunch of weirdo’s !!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Must admit it was funny watching the useless Tory ex Rail Minister Claire Perry spluttering over the list when Andrew Neill raised it knowing her name was on there

Your contributions to this thread have illustrated that, if there were any doubt, party political point scoring matters far more to you than the real issues at play.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing

The closest I have got to the SWP is them selling newspapers outside a Labour party meeting I was at but they do display a lot of cult like behaviour an the woman might have been so into it she thought they could sort it out within the organisation.

That is largely speculation on my part though.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The closest I have got to the SWP is them selling newspapers outside a Labour party meeting I was at but they do display a lot of cult like behaviour an the woman might have been so into it she thought they could sort it out within the organisation.

That is largely speculation on my part though.

I think all parties at the fringes of politics are essentially cults. Quite often it comes down to a charismatic leader or two and acolytes and what Freud described as the narcissism of small differences.

There was in the mid-nineties in Brighton someone clearly unhappy with the SWP and who graffitied everywhere"the SWP is a front for the AFL". I thought it was just Welsh for soup.

D

Deleted member 22389

Must admit it was funny watching the useless Tory ex Rail Minister Claire Perry spluttering over the list when Andrew Neill raised it knowing her name was on there

Labour screwed this country up. Along with the banking crisis we are still paying for their mistakes today. Labour should never be trusted again with the economy or immigration.

Mark Mywords

Jun 21, 2016
Labour screwed this country up. Along with the banking crisis we are still paying for their mistakes today. Labour should never be trusted again with the economy or immigration.

I thought immigration had just reached the highest figures EVER under the party that promised to practically stop it?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think all parties at the fringes of politics are essentially cults. Quite often it comes down to a charismatic leader or two and acolytes and what Freud described as the narcissism of small differences.

There was in the mid-nineties in Brighton someone clearly unhappy with the SWP and who graffitied everywhere"the SWP is a front for the AFL". I thought it was just Welsh for soup.

You tend to find on the far left that groups either are run like cults or are very flaky and split at the drop of a hat. From what I have seen on the right the equivalent groups tend to fragment quite a lot.

D

Deleted member 22389

I thought immigration had just reached the highest figures EVER under the party that promised to practically stop it?

It was labour who opened up the doors to migration from Eastern Europe and it was labour who lost complete control of migration from outside the EU. How any of them can stand up today and tell the general public the tories have failed us is beyond me. I would never ever vote for this party again.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

In the course of my life, five women have told me they'd been raped (I'm sure there are many more, these five knew me well enough to confide in me) - only one of those five went to the police, and they persuaded her to drop the case. You don't need to belong to a cult-like organisation to swerve the police.

In the SWP case, the cover-up did them a lot more harm: they had large scale defections from the party and it's got an appalling reputation among women,

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

You do realise that is fake news, Osborne admitted it was the banks crashing that caused the recession and the bailing out of the banks that took the money but you already know that

Stumpy Tim

There was in the mid-nineties in Brighton someone clearly unhappy with the SWP and who graffitied everywhere"the SWP is a front for the AFL". .

I'm pretty sure the SWP has nothing to do with the Australian Football League, unless Sean Wright-Phillips has decided to change sports. If that's the case, he's way too short for Ozzie Rules so he shouldn't really waste his time

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You do realise that is fake news, Osborne admitted it was the banks crashing that caused the recession and the bailing out of the banks that took the money but you already know that

So when it’s convenient you do actually believe Osborne, you sir are a clown 🤡, you spent most of 2015 calling him Gideon, yet now he’s George Osborne. The king of political point scoring!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here